2012 ASA rule book in .pdf

I would love to have a rule book on my phone that is searchable by keyword. I absolutey cannot find one anywhere. Anyone else have such a thing?

Wow, I thought that ASA finally got into the 21st century and published the rule book online. Guess I was wrong.

LOL, I have try to find it myself. I've been look for over 4 years for it. Good Luck finding one... But if you do please post a link..

It's a money issue. You either pay for the book through your ASA sanctioning fee or if you aren't a coach for an ASA team, you purchase it separately. Sigh. (It does seem like ASA could make an online version available to sanctioned teams who might want to make searchable annotations for use at the field via an ipad or a computer or a smart phone, but I'm guessing that the ASA is afraid that bootleg copies would go viral).

Search a little more (Google is your friend) and you should be able to find an on-line PDF newer than 2005. You can also find a copy of the ASA case book from a few years ago.

But let your conscience be your guide... pirated on-line PDF's of copyrighted material aren't exactly legal.

Word is that ASA is currently developing a phone app for their website and that it might contain a copy of the rule book. That hasn't been determined yet.

Search a little more (Google is your friend) and you should be able to find an on-line PDF newer than 2005. You can also find a copy of the ASA case book from a few years ago.

But let your conscience be your guide... pirated on-line PDF's of copyrighted material aren't exactly legal.

Word is that ASA is currently developing a phone app for their website and that it might contain a copy of the rule book. That hasn't been determined yet.

Devices?

Ted,

I am looking to get 2nd copy for our team. How can you purchase the rulebook separately?

Excerpt from ASA website:
Rule books are not for sale. Rule books are included with registration materials when you register your ASA team or when you register as an Umpire.

I find it very frustrating that ASA does not make the rules more accesible. I also cannot understand why they eliminated the case books.

Kirk

It's one thing not to offer them for free. Which is really lame. It's another thing to not even sell them. Making them difficult for any player or parent to obtain gives an aura of arrogance. It just seems shady, especially when you have paid for it indirectly through your share of team fees that pay for your sanctioning.

especially when you have paid for it indirectly through your share of team fees that pay for your sanctioning.

I agree completely. What kind of sporting organization doesn't make their rules widely available and easily accessible if they truly want to promote participation in their organization, and truly have the best interests of the participants at heart? Electronic documents are so easy, and so cheap, it seems other ways could be found to raise money.

If they need somebody to transcribe them, I will gladly volunteer my typing skills.

What do I have to do to get an ASA rule book!?!? I get my ASE card in the mail but no rule book. So now I am a certified coach, but I have just use my tournament experience as a reference?!?! Also, Is ASA open roster within age group unless it is a national qualifier? We played teams today that are picking up players from other teams that are off this weekend. What is the purpose of rostering a team? What are the national qualifiers? ENQ's? What is going on ASA?