ASA Tournament 2012 Metro Dayton - June 8-10,2012

2012 Metro Dayton

There will be 1 USA/ASA National Tournament Berth AND 1 ASA Eastern Regional berth awarded per age group.

Pool Play will be 1:20 - No New Inning. Bracket will be 1:40 - complete the inning, proceed to ITB until winner. Losers bracket championship game - no time limit, as of course will be the Winners Bracket Championship game(s).

All head coaches must present ACE certification upon registration. We will have tyvek wristbands for gate. A Gold band is $8 for an all tourney/weekend pass. A daily pass/band will be offered for $5 (over 16). Teams will get 3 coaches bands in their team packet for the weekend.

Teams must be sanctioned ASA within the state of Ohio for 2012 to participate.

Tourney Updates: www.Facebook.com/DaytonMetro

Tourney Rules: www.ohiohawks.com/usaasa/images/2012DaytonMetroRules.pdf

Pool Play and Brackets in PDF format:
ALL 14u Games are now at Kettering Park Sat and Sunday!!

10u Bracket - Rowe Sports Complex, 6480 Trenton-Franklin, Oh 45042

12u Bracket - Kettering Fields, 444 North Bend Rd, Dayton, OH

16u Bracket - Kettering Fields

18u Bracket - Kettering Fields

14u Bracket - Kettering Fields

Field / Park Locations

Kettering Fields: 12u, 16u, 18u
440 North Bend Blvd, Dayton OH

Click for Google Map

Rowe Sports Complex - 10u
6480 Trenton Franklin Road, Middletown, OH 45042
Click for Google Map

Tournament Details
Date: June 8th-10th, 2012

Sanction: ASA Division 'A' for 10u, 12u, 14u, 16u and 18u teams.
Format: 4 Game guarantee, 2 pool play, followed by double elimination.
Fee: $425 payment
Gate: $5/day/adult ($8 weekend pass) - 16yrs and older.
Contacts: METRO Dayton ASA - Clyde Brewer

Hotel Information :

Ramada Plaza
2301 Wagoner Ford Rd.
Dayton, OH 45414
937/278-4871
Cost : $76.00 per night plus tax
Group ID : Ohio Hawks Dayton Metro

Free Breakfast : Indoor Pool : Game Room : Free WiFi

Coaches, when your parents call in they just need to reserve their own room under their own name. Please make sure they use the Ohio Hawks Dayton Metro group ID.

Link to college coaches invitation: Coach Invitation Email
Players and coaches, feel free to download and forward to any college's that your team or players are interested in attending.

Team List

10u Division
Cincy Static 01
Ohio Wave 01 - Bietry
Lasers Green - Pyles Champion
Doom 01 - Frank
Hawks 01 - Robinson
Liberty Blazers - Holtzman
Ohio Storm - Pentz Runner-Up

12u Division
Ohio Dragons '99 - Oldaker
Ohio Classics 99 - Harris Champion
Central OH Vipers - Kern
Heart of Ohio Rebels - Grove
Xtreme Fastpitch 00 - Villes
Stingrays 99 - Skerbetz
Lady Lasers Platinum - SciBelli
Cincy Static 99 - Hamblin
OFC Heat Orange - Allen
Hawks 99 - Kepple Runner-Up
Hawks 99 - Davis
Marion Merchants '99 Black - Ferguson
Hawks 99 - Harrell

14u Division
Central OH Vipers 98 - Soma
Stingrays 98 - White (PAID)
Lady Lasers Orange - Mack Runner-Up
Ohio Classics 97 - Sevenish (PAID)
Xtreme Heat 97 BLACK - Thompson (PAID)
Central Ohio Lady Vipers Black 97 - Hinkle (PAID)
Crush Fastpitch 14u - Hamilton (PAID)
HOH Nitro
Doom 97 - Burden (PAID)
Hawks 98 - Shepherd (PAID)
Hawks 14u - Lenos (PAID)
Cross Cnty Cannons - Schaffer (PAID)
Ohio Danger - Wylie (PAID)
Lady Lasers Green - Smith (PAID)
Central Ohio Lady Vipers Silver - Parsons (PAID)
Hawks Columbus - Combs (PAID)
Hawks 97 - Hoff (PAID)
Cincy Static 97 - Morgan Champion
Hawks 98 - Davis (PAID)
Buckeye Heat 97 - Brininger (PAID)
Hawks 97 - Johnson (PAID)
Buckeye Elite - Whitaker (PAID)
MV Xpress 98 - Rankin (PAID)
Hawks 97 CBus - Buelow (PAID)

16u Division
Buckeye Heat-Toledo/Zoltowski Champion
Cincy Doom - Rosinski (PAID)
Ohio Classics 96 - Mix (PAID)
Miami Valley Xpress - Ivan (PAID)
OFC Blast - Casciotti (PAID)
Crush Fastpitch - Morehart (PAID)
Ohio Lasers Black - Widner Runner-up
Extreme Fastpitch - Lucas (PAID)
Cincy Magic 96 - Tarter (PAID)
Ohio Swarm - Reed (PAID)
Cincy Storm - Kilian (PAID)
Cincy Doom - Miller (PAID)
Hawks 16u - Baughan (PAID)
Central Ohio Lady Vipers 96 - Hughes (PAID)
Hawks 16u Columbus - Downing (PAID)
Miami Valley Xpress 16u - Curtis (PAID)
Hawks 16u - Lauer (PAID)
Hammers 16U Black - Pfeffer (PAID)
Buckeye Heat 96 - Kurelic (PAID)
Classics 16u - Beckham (PAID)

18u Division
Valley Storm - Kostyal
Miami Valley Xpress - Ninninger (PAID)
Ohio Edge - Jestice (PAID)
EMR 18u - Eggleston
Cincy Magic - Hodge (PAID)
Ohio Stingrays - Morman (PAID)
Central OH Stringrays - Allum
Crush Fastpitch 18u - Morehart (PAID)
Lady Mustangs - Pigg (PAID)
Hawks 18u - Bower Runner-Up
Englewood Thunder - Stoltz (PAID)
Doom Gold - Gregory Champion

Re: 2012 Metro Dayton - June 9-11,2012

Wow.... tough call on this weekend. Going up against Shreve.

Girls ASA/USA National Qualifier 16U Shreve June 8 9 10

It will be intresting to see the team list for these events. Is the Dayton Metro still going to be open for all teams?

Any chance you could have it the first weekend of June? I haven't seen any tournaments, at least big one's that weekend.

If Shreve is 8-10, it might get more teams to Dayton like last year if you held it a week earlier.

Just asking. We'll probably play locally, but would like to go to both if possible.

Any chance you could have it the first weekend of June? I haven't seen any tournaments, at least big one's that weekend.

If Shreve is 8-10, it might get more teams to Dayton like last year if you held it a week earlier.

Just asking. We'll probably play locally, but would like to go to both if possible.

We had problems last year with the first weekend of June as school was still session and noone could play on friday, which really jammed up the scheduling. Also the 16's and 18's had trouble fielding teams due to school, graduations, etc. Plus the fact there is a annual mens tourney held on the first week of June and they use the main complex, which we would want and is available the following weekend.

We had problems last year with the first weekend of June as school was still session and noone could play on friday, which really jammed up the scheduling. Also the 16's and 18's had trouble fielding teams due to school, graduations, etc. Plus the fact there is a annual mens tourney held on the first week of June and they use the main complex, which we would want and is available the following weekend.

OK. I knew there was a good reason.

But why but heads with Shreve. ****'s to have them both the same weekend. Are there any other ASA/USA on the same weekend ?

But why but heads with Shreve. ****'s to have them both the same weekend. Are there any other ASA/USA on the same weekend ?

The next weekend is Laser Nation, following that is ASA States, the Orrville's new one for 16U, then either Stingrays or Fire in the Sky, with GAPSS after that. People wanted to get Ohio to the next level concerning softball, well here you go. Think about the conflicts with some of these tourneys with regards to those who want to go to Sparks or St. Louis.

The next weekend is Laser Nation, following that is ASA States, the Orrville's new one for 16U, then either Stingrays or Fire in the Sky, with GAPSS after that. People wanted to get Ohio to the next level concerning softball, well here you go. Think about the conflicts with some of these tourneys with regards to those who want to go to Sparks or St. Louis.

Well said Brownsfan

Ya but alot of those are not ASA/USA's I just don't think you should have them on the same weekend. JMHO

Ya but alot of those are not ASA/USA's I just don't think you should have them on the same weekend. JMHO

What sacrifice a showcase for an ASA/USA qualifier? Imagine what California teams have to go through. I agree maybe not on the same weekend, but given the choice, there is none. I even think the region 9 qualifier is same weekend as Lasers (don't quote me). I konw it's matched up against one the larger ones.

Good weekend I think. It doesn't matter what weekend you run it up against.. it still affects Ohio girls softball.

Are you going to run it up against Stingrays? Especially after all the hard work the Stingrays org have put in for years for the girls and getting college coaches there for them to be seen? Of course not. Total disrespect if you do so in my opinion.

Go up against states ? Never.

First weekend in June? As stated with high school players availability.

It is what it is. Just never a good weekend in Ohio to hold something separately from another event.. or qualifier.

Shreve - Dayton. Two different parts of the State. Only affecting one age group.

In my opinion .. if you are a 10u or 12u and maybe even a 14u team... you have to decide which is more important to you... play in a ASA/USA National Qualifier VERSUS being a "filler" in a college showcase event.

Is the tourney open to all ASA Ohio Teams or just those in the Dayton Metro ASA region?

Shreve - Dayton. Two different parts of the State. Only affecting one age group.

Effects every age group. USA/ASA National Qualifiers in Canton for 10's/12's and in Ashland for 18's, 14's not listed yet. I don't disagree about there never being a perfect weekend.

Running up against the Laser Nation by Invitation June 15-17:

Girls ASA/USA Region 9 Tournament
10 12
Groveport

Girls ASA/USA Region 9 Tournament
Toledo

Even with the problems that teams ran into last year being that first weekend it still turned out to be a decent, competitive tournament... (with the exception of field maintance and no temp fences :D). I just hate to see it bumping heads with Streve because the talent will be split. When you participate in a UAS/ASA National Qualifier you want to compete against the best in the State. If they are on the same weekend, you will only be competing with "half" of the best. JMHO

I can't remember... does anyone know how many teams attended the Dayton Metro vs. Streve last year?

Even with the problems that teams ran into last year being that first weekend it still turned out to be a decent, competitive tournament... (with the exception of field maintance and no temp fences :D). I just hate to see it bumping heads with Streve because the talent will be split. When you participate in a UAS/ASA National Qualifier you want to compete against the best in the State. If they are on the same weekend, you will only be competing with "half" of the best. JMHO

I can't remember... does anyone know how many teams attended the Dayton Metro vs. Streve last year?

Way to keep that going, beat that dead horse! :rolleyes:

We were looking to open the season in Dayton.. why not road trip for first week and bring girls together as some are new players. We can not pass on 16U states. Tough call for Hawks, yet get it