2016 Ohio Pitchers to Watch

Converse Kid

Reaction score
Who are this seasons top pitchers in our state. With Bloom Carroll's Taran Alvelo and Lebanon's Tara Trainer graduating, who are the dominant pitchers to watch for this year? The players high school and travel ball team information would be of benefit as well. Would like to see as many of these girls play this year as possible. Two who come to mind for me are Keystone's Lauren Shaw and Walsh Jesuit's Madi McCrady. Who are the other up and comers?

jasbo77

Reaction score
I'm gonna second the Alyssa Rothwell vote won state last year won Asa USA last year this her senior year I say she will do well

lewam3

Reaction score
Who are this seasons top pitchers in our state. With Bloom Carroll's Taran Alvelo and Lebanon's Tara Trainer graduating, who are the dominant pitchers to watch for this year? The players high school and travel ball team information would be of benefit as well. Would like to see as many of these girls play this year as possible. Two who come to mind for me are Keystone's Lauren Shaw and Walsh Jesuit's Madi McCrady. Who are the other up and comers?

Lauren and Madi are not only strong pitchers, they are both extremely nice young ladies

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
Kianah Towe Lakota East and Elle Buffenbarger Mason are the two names that should stick out in the Southwest. Will have to see who else steps up. Could be Strothers, but don't know how far behind Trainer and Frank she really was at Lebanon.

larrybowman

Reaction score

I agree with you about these two young ladies. My DD used to catch for McCrady on Ohio Power, great movement and power. She may look like a string bean but she will throw that rise ball, or screw ball and finish. Would love to be able to go watch some of the names mentioned on this thread.

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
Without a doubt one of the best in the state is Madi McCrady of Walsh Jesuit.

Great stuff and she wants the ball. A true competitor.

Bink44

Reaction score
Two of the Best Pitchers I have seen in Ohio are Courtney Vierstra (Hebron Lakewood, Ohio/Miami University Commit) and Andrea Scali (Parma, Ohio/Kent State Commit).

Last edited:

Coach_Tom

Reaction score
Ok, I will put a vote in for my travel pitcher Adrian Smith from St. Clairsville, 1st team All-State last year in HS, D1 commit, pitched us to a 3rd place finish at 18U Stingrays last summer.

Also, I don't know her name, but the girl that pitched for Ohio Nightmare Gold last summer was throwing smoke at Stingrays, was told she still had one more year of high school, so whoever that is lol, watch out for her too. I believe she is a Kent St commit.