2017 Senic City Fall

softballdad01

Reaction score
Has anyone received info on game times? Have not received info an can't seem to find any? Thanks in Advance

mightymouse

Reaction score
No, its not posted yet. Scenic City uses the Tourney Machine app....but still nothing :(

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A week before the tournament and nothing. No one knew who was in it until a month before, just imagine what that did to securing hotel rooms.

manitoudan

Reaction score
Not the way a highly thought of tourney should be carrying out business . But -- its Tennessee . Maybe they are in mourning over their beloved Rocky top football team cant function.. LOL .

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is a rowing event at the same time so the hotels were a mess from the start. Stay to play events should not be offering hotels 45 miles away. Luckily they dropped the stay to play, but it would have at least been nice for our team to stay together somewhere.

SlapperDad

Reaction score
There is a rowing event at the same time so the hotels were a mess from the start. Stay to play events should not be offering hotels 45 miles away. Luckily they dropped the stay to play, but it would have at least been nice for our team to stay together somewhere.
Scenic City is one of the biggest s**t shows around. Its soley about the money. It honestly feels like it should have the letters PGF attached to it!!!

softballdad01

Reaction score
I agree with above comments. Hard to believe this is suppose to be one of the best Fall Showcase but here we are a week away with no info. Hopefully DD coach does not decide to go back in summer. Good luck!!

Reaction score

Did you hear directly from the tournament that stay to play is no longer a requirement? We are having a hard time getting phone calls answered. Thanks.

Creek01

Reaction score
FYI the schedule is posted on Tourney Machine now. Got a Sunday 5pm game against another Ohio team.......

SlapperDad

Reaction score
Did you hear directly from the tournament that stay to play is no longer a requirement? We are having a hard time getting phone calls answered. Thanks.
I personally was told no stay to play!!! Don't bother emailing or calling the will reply 2 weeks later ... complete circus!!!

tshepherd

Reaction score
It's a joke all the way around we have a 3:30 we won't play Sunday. Absolutely horrible no communication at all it's definitely a shit show. They for sure don't look to see what teams have done in the past to set up pools. It's not stay to play but it is a shit show

DougL

Reaction score
Website
www.ohiohawks.com
I spoke with Jeremy and he was ok with us finding our own hotels due to the lack of them. Our Hawks teams go to both Fall and Summer showcases, it has become a great recruiting tool. In the past Jeremy and Jill both have went out of their way to help our teams and players. Matching up our Hawks Gold teams with their Fury teams in the super pools every year.

Yep, it has probably grown too fast, and needs more structure and communication, same for Diamond 9. But, we hit both with great results.

Creek01

Reaction score
I’m not happy with the lack of communication but I’ll deal with it for the exposure & competition. BUT my bigger concern is as they continue to expand the tourney does it cheapin it? Also, if you don’t end up in a Super Pool or at least the right park is it worth attending?

I’m content with the park & the pool we are in but if you’re an Ohio Team & play at a park with very few coaches do you decide to play somewhere else this summer?

SlapperDad

Reaction score
We Stingrays 01 will NOT be going back. I requested in my resume that i want to be in the SUPER pools or i did not want my check cashed. Well here we are in the regular pools checks been cashed and again they will not communicate with you. I truly feel we would have had a tough time in the super pools but its about recruitment not wins and losses. But yet there is alot of younger teams from in our area that made SUPER pools and we are in an industrial park Complex. No chance we would have traveled here in November if id have known we didnt get in the SUPERS!!! Again truly a money grab s**t show!!!

Creek01

Reaction score
We (Doom 16u Gold Barnes) made it to bracket play last summer as a 15u team & didn’t get into Supers this fall. We are in Pool B alongside Lasers White, Gators, Glory/Adkins, Birmingham Eliminators, Peoria Sluggers Gold at Jack Mattox.

Like I’ve said about so many of the large showcases if you don’t end up at the right park it’s not worth the trip.

SlapperDad

Reaction score
Best part is also just received an email bout 25 mins ago that there was no bracket play now. The s**t show continues. Dont get me wrong the competition at regular pools will still be good. The purpose of far travel in the fall is recruitment only.

tshepherd

Reaction score
Coaches will go to your games that's not the problem in my eyes to me you lesson it when you ask for resumes and you see teams there that aren't there because there better. Recruiting wise it's a great event no matter if your in supers or not

Mad Hornet

Reaction score
You can complain here all you want I'm pretty sure the folks running this don't need you. The recruiting calendar change took Friday games away and they got overwhelmed with applications. Lot of good teams didn't even get in, let alone a superpool. I looked at some of the pool schedule times and see some Ohio teams playing 5pm games on Sunday night - pool play! Last year we started Friday night, made elimination play and still got done by mid afternoon before the 7 hour drive home. Having pool play games wrapping up at 6:30pm on a school night with a 7 hour drive home and still having championship play? That math don't work.

Regardless we have had several players either discovered or committed because of being seen at Scenic City. Coaches always turn out so we'll keep going.