2018 High School Rule Changes

number5

Reaction score
Not sure if I agree with the intentional walk change. DD was in a game this year where the other team tried to intentionally walk her in the bottom of 7th with a runner on 3rd. The pitcher threw her 2nd pitch to close and DD reached across the plate and hit it up the middle for the game winner.

Stedman00

Reaction score
they make all these changes and clearly ignore the most glaring one with regards to allowing pitchers to step backwards. SMH

brownsfan

Reaction score
they make all these changes and clearly ignore the most glaring one with regards to allowing pitchers to step backwards. SMH

I think it's allowed because a lot of HS girls are coming straight from rec leagues (which allow that step back) or slow pitch (not sure what the rule is on that). Until the rec leagues change that, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Stupid Jim

Reaction score
Rec leagues should be using high school rules, not the other way around

brownsfan

Reaction score
I agree. Pitchers should be taught with both feet on the rubber. Then again, I'm not familiar with what slow pitch rules are for pitchers. If those slow pitch rec leagues from 10U-14U allow that, it's too much of an adjustment as it is going from slow pitch to fast pitch once in HS.

wilsey73

Reaction score
As an umpire I think we should still be able to check bats

DOKelm3

Reaction score
Well you are in luck, because you still can. The rules simply stays that it does not have to be done, it is still your responsibility to find improper and illegal equipment throughout the game