8th Annual Ohio Classics PONY Qualifier

The Ohio Classics will be hosting there 8th Annual summer tournament on July 8-10. Cost is $325. 4 game guarantee. This is a PONY Qualifier. The main hub will be Pickerington High School Central softball complex. Register online at www.ohioclassics.com

Contact David Beckham for information. classicsrock@hotmail.com

How many World Series berths are available in each age group?

Where is the registration form on the website? I can't seem to find it.

That makes at least three of us :-[ I've sent an email to see whether we can get some answers.

David, where and when are the PONY Nationals being held in 2005? How many 16U berths will you be granting? Thanks!

Hope to see the GFOD Thunder 12u (Bellville, Ohio) team back this year to defend its 2004 Ohio Classics Qualifier Championship!! ?Was a very exciting championship game played against a very tough Ohio Classics team. ?This was a very nice tourney, ran by some very classy people, ?on some very nice fields!!

16u PONY Nationals are in Vienna, Ohio and surrounding communities, hosted by the Thunderplex. For those looking beyond just the softball, we have a fantastic week of parties and events scheduled, every evening in close proximity to the hotel pods. It's Ohio's time to shine at PONY!

18u are in Davie, FL (Ft Lauderdale area) and are teamed up with the Rising Stars College Showcase. This showcase is one of the country's most prestegious showcases.

10u, 12u and 14u are in Sterling, Va.

Bringing this back to the top. Visit our Classics website for forms and contact info. For 10U age group, this is an opportunity to play without modified rules and qualify for Nationals. 10U Nationals will be at Franklin Park in VA which I attended last year. The fields in Virginia at this park are absolutely unbelievable. Mowed 1st thing in the morning prior to games and it could rain all night and the fields ready to play on for 8:00 a.m. games. After playing in gravel pits all year, great way to finish the season.

Classics 10U

What teams are entered in this tournament? I am most interested in the 12u division. Thanks.

From the Classic's website:

10U Teams

Coach

Website
Buckeye HeatFrank Reis website
Ohio ClassicsJeff Klopfer website
Westerville IceJack Jenkins

12U Teams

Coach

Website
Central Ohio Stingrays - GrayJeff Seeds
Dublin Rocks - GreenJeff Bomar
Heart of Ohio - ForceJack and Kris Mullaney website
Hilliard CatsRoy Woods website
Lady Lasers - OrangeAdam Wahl website
Marion Lady RebelsRory Woods
NigtmareJoe Abbruzzese
Ohio ClassicsBrian Roudabush website
Road RunnersScott Pohlman
Turbos(Mike Flanagan, Mgr.)
Westerville IceKelli Mitchell

14U Teams

Coach

Website
Buckeye HeatJean May website
Central Ohio Lady RebelsRobin McIntire
Central Ohio StingraysRon Cottrell
Hilliard Cats - BlackBobby Nikolaus website
Lady RageDwight Lowry
Ohio Classics - BlackDave Beckham website
Road Runners - GoldRoger Norris
Road Runners - PurpleBill Starr
Teays Valley VikingsDan Taylor
Westerville Ice (13s)Jay Broyles
Westerville Ice (14s)Brian Wamsley

Part II:

16U Teams

Coach

Website
Buckeye HeatJon Pierce website
Central Ohio StingraysJada Truex website
Chix With StixBill Davis
Heart of Ohio CrusadersCharlie Hoke
Jackson TwistersJohn Kasper website
Ohio Classics - PurpleDan Drees website
Ohio Classics - WhiteTom Angeletti website
Ohio SwarmBruce Davis website
VelocityMatt Fox
Westerville IceJohn Purdy

18U Teams

Coach

Website
Central Ohio Lady RebelsLarry Orahood website
Central Ohio Lady RebelsPhil Smith
Central Ohio StingraysJoe Ward website
Lady DevilsPaul Jones]
Ohio ClassicsDon Pearsalwebsite
Road Runners - PurpleDean Kuhn website
Road Runners - WhiteKeith Decker
U.A. BearsJo Shockley

10U - 14U 7/16-7/22 Sterling, VA
16U - 7/24-7/31 Vienna, OH
18U - 7/24-7/31 Davie, FL

looks like everyone but Classics is looking in on this post. We've all been busy so here goes. The tournament director is David Beckham at classicsrock@hotmail.com. Our web site is

http://www.ohioclassics.com/classic.html

On the home page, click on the purple link above the team photos for the 2005 Classics tournament. This will take you to the teams entered, rules and registration. If there are any questions, please feel free to email Coach Beckham our any of the other coaches you may be familiar with. There are openings in all age groups. We put every effort into making this a 1st class tournament in the central Ohio area.

Thanks

Jeff Klopfer
Classics10U

I hope there's an upgrade in the first place individual awards from last year. I mean basketball looking ribbons for first place look so cheap for a quality tournament.

This is a very well run tournament. With tons of parents and coaches efforts, diamonds are raked and lined between each game and ready to play. I was only aware of the awards in 12U and 10U Divisions last year and they were very nice. The teams that earned them were very pleased. I forwarded your post to our director and I'm sure corrections will be made. There are still opening so please visit our website at:

http://www.ohioclassics.com/classic.html

Thank you

Jeff Klopfer
Classics 10U

Thanx Bear for keeping the answers coming to the questions that have been posted.

There are still openings in 10, 12 and 16u. I guess by changing the date to July we lost some of the teams that have been coming. In the past 3 years we have been full by feb.

Even though we are a little smaller this year it will still be run with the same care and dedication to teams and families that join us.

As far as awards, medals went to (2) third place teams in each age group - not first place teams in the past.

Thanx for your support
David Beckham
Ohio Classics

The 12s have been filled. We just have openings in 10U and 16U.

David Beckham
Ohio Classics