ACT- How early is too early ?

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com

ACT- How early is too early ?
I really don't think you can take it too early ! In fact many of the girls today take their first ACT far too late. Most high schools are giving the advice of waiting until your junior year. For the non athlete, that makes total sense.
However,with the explosion of early recruiting the importance of taking your the ACT your freshman year has become more important in order to give D1 schools an idea of what they are looking at as a student. Believe me they understand that when you take it as a freshman your score will go up a few points at least as the years progress. This just gives them a idea on academic money when putting a total offer together. Better academic schools will not or can not make you an offer until they have those scores.

My advice ? Take it early and as often as you can. Take the test at least 3 times. The higher the score, the more academic money you can receive from most schools. Now there are some schools that only use the ACT as a guide to get you in there school. A example of that would be Harvard in the Ivy League. They do not offer academic money because like Coach Waters told me, everyone would qualify for it.

When preparing for the test I recommend a tutor or online study guide before hand. You wouldn't go into the game without practicing so why take the ACT without being ready. One last thing, remember answer all your questions even if you are just guessing. You don't lose points for wrong answers on the ACT and just may answer it correctly
Good Luck

Last edited: