Admission Fees Added to Team Entry Fees

alborules

Reaction score
Website
www.thesoftballzone.com
There is a trend that is irritating to me happening at tournaments in states surrounding Ohio. I am seeing many tournaments advertised with a let's say $350 entry fee, but see further down the page that the team must also send $125 or more for team admission fee. It seems to be catching on more and more. I don't understand this logic. That type of tactic leaves teams and families feeling "nickel and dimed to death". Would it make more sense to have a $475 entry fee and stress that there is no gate fee? Is this done so that nobody needs to sit at each tournament entrance and handle money and ticked off parents and grandparents that have to pay to see their kid play?

I do understand that no matter how the money is collected, the tournament must get a certain amount to break even, so which is the best method of doing that?

Allan Abel

Last edited:

Louuuuu

Reaction score
It's a marketing tool, because everybody thinks we're not smart enough to figure it out.

We get the same thing here at work. A trucking company sends us an invoice with delivery fees + fuel surcharges. Shouldn't that be consolidated into one rate? I'm paying the same either way. At least, when I write the check, I'm not cussing because of all the fine-print add-ons.

JOEBOO3432

Reaction score
The difference is many times the tournament being held is by an association that is not affiliated with the park.