Akron u clinic

rocketboo27

Reaction score
Did anyone have any positive interactions with the staff such as interest, evaluation of a player(s) or even watching games? From my experience with clinics it seemed to have a fundraiser feel to it.

wvanalmsick

Reaction score
I wasn't able to attend this year but in the past, there were college coaches that would watch the games.

Yes it is a fundraiser for the softball team. This helps pay for some of the things that the athletic budget doesn't cover. Just about every school in Ohio has to do this.

The biggest benefit from that whole weekend, at that time, was the class that Coach Jones would have with the players and parents about the recruiting process, scholarships, and what is expected (academic and athletics) from a college softball player. That class was a huge eye-opener for me. DD was 13U when they did the first clinic and it got us into the right frame of mind about getting recruited.

Did Akron offer the class this year? From what I know about Coach Jones, she would be more that happy to talk to the girls and parents about the recruiting process and the college softball experience.

Last edited: