ALL IN FOR AMY - Can you help someone who has been a big part of Softball in WPA.

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
I AM JUST REPOSTING THIS FROM ANOTHER SITE - AMY WAS A BIG PART IN GROWING MY DAUGHTERS LOVE OF SOFTBALL WHEN SHE WAS JUST STARTING OUT AND I"M SURE A LOT OF OTHERS IN WPA AND NEO HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY HER AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT. AMY HAS DONE SO MUCH TO HELP THE SOFTBALL COMMUNITY, I WILL ASK, IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO HELP PLEASE DO...
IF NOT FINANCIALY PLEASE KEEP HER IN YOUR PRAYERS.

THANKS

Hello Softball friends and family.

This time of year is tough with try outs and everything going on, but one of the things that I think makes this community so strong is that when there is a time of need we all step up to help out one in the family, in this case our softball family. I have seen many posts where many in this community step up to help others out and that is something to be proud of. So I wanted to get the word out about a special event called "All in for Amy" - being held on August 21, 2016 at the Avonworth Community Park to support a family in our community.

Amy Helffrich is a long-time devoted member of the Avonworth community alongside her loving husband George and their two daughters, Addy and Sarah. When not serving on the community softball board, donating her time to her church and local charities, or caring for her family, Amy has always looked for ways to give back without hesitation and always with a smile. In December 2015, Amy was diagnosed with AML, a form of leukemia, yet that did not change her positive nature. However, with frequent trips to the hospital for chemo, stem cell transplant, multiple infections and rising medical bills, the family is beginning to feel the overall worries cancer has brought to their lives. We invite you to join us for a community benefit to help us celebrate Amy?s continued success in her battle with AML as well as raise money to help their family overcome the financial burdens. All proceeds will go directly to the family to help alleviate cost of medical and living expenses. Amy and her family hope to see you there!

This event is Presale only. $25 for adults, $15 for kids and includes Buffet dinner, beer, wine, soda, coffee and dessert. There will also be a cornhole tournament, chinese auction, 50/50, kid activities and swimming (extra fee for swimming)
For Ticket Purchase or to Donate by August 14th Call, text, or email: Beth Schmidt ?412-445-3209 or bf.schmidt@live.com

I look forward to seeing many softball friends there to catch up on our season and how try outs went. Please come out and support this wonderful family.

Sincerely,

Peter Katz