Catching and Catchers discussion Any catchers need practice????

We are in the central Ohio area and my 12u duaghter has a pitching lesson on Saturday's @5:00pm to 6:30pm. If there are any girls interested let me know. I currently catch for her just seeing if anybody needs some practice to build stamina.

Thanks

fred

Great opportunity for any catcher to work those legs during the winter. 1 1/2 hours a week would tone those legs nicely and build up that stamina you need for the late innings. Could get you alot of blocking work too, which is absolutely ESSENTIAL to catching. Come on catchers, take advantage!!

Getting some bad knees and sore shins eh? Just wait 'til 16u - the eyes are just a little worse, the knees are a little stiffer, and the ball is coming faster and moving more... :D

Try bribery - movie tickets, etc.

Getting some bad knees and sore shins eh? Just wait 'til 16u - the eyes are just a little worse, the knees are a little stiffer, and the ball is coming faster and moving more... :D

Try bribery - movie tickets, etc.

I think you are a little closer to the truth of the matter. Wonder if he's 56 yet? LOL

Not Yet Sammy! I am relaxed on the bucket! If she gets much faster though, I will have to break out the protective gear...Although she has caught me a few times in those shins. OUCH!!!

Hey, I resemble that 56 crack. I'd love to find some sweet young catcher to be at my dd's pitching lessons. Although, I'm sure it would be much less fun for the dd -- she wouldn't be able to see how many times the old man gets cracked in head, or anywhere else, for than matter.

in todays arena, philbob should watch his adjectives, did i spell that right?

We know what you meant Philbob, but the wording was a little creepy. ;&