ASA 14U National Qualifier Tournament

The Valley Extreme Softball Organization will be hosting a 14U ASA National Qualifier Tournament on 6/24, 6/25, & 6/26

?ASA National Qualifier Tournament

?Cost $250 per team

?3 Game Minimum (weather permitting)

?Double Elimination Tournament

?Maximum 20 teams

?14U Age Group

?Winner will be awarded a berth to ASA Nationals

?Games will be seven innings (no time limit), unless ? ? shortened by run rule

?ASA Rules, balls, and umpires (two per game)

?There will be an individual admission fee per person ? infants and pre-school are free (manager & team players are free)

?Must be ASA sanctioned and be able to show proof of accidental & liability insurance at check in

?Pool play on 6/24 and 6/25

?Double Elimination tournament will start on 6/25 and conclude on 6/26

?Team and individual trophies for 1st and 2nd place.

All games will be played at the Candlelight Knolls Complex. ? ?The Candlelight Knolls Complex has four groomed fields with concessions, ample parking, restrooms, and space for team warm-ups.

Directions use http://www.mapquest.com

Candlelight Knolls
2619 Hoagland Blackstub Rd.
Bazetta, Ohio ?44410

For additional information please contact:

Greg Bensing
Phone: (330) 638-5505
E-Mail: http://www.lions223@aol.com

Bruce Whetzel
Phone: (330) 637-1383
E-Mail: http://www.whetzel130@aol.com

Maybe I'm being dense here::):

The first line reads:
Tournament on 6/24, 6/25, & 6/26
but later on we see:
?Double Elimination tournament will start on 6/24 and conclude on 6/25

right after I read:
?Pool play on 6/24 and 6/25

Soooo, which is it?

One other question is the berth to THE ASA Nationals, or the ASA Eastern Nationals, or ? ?

TheBearMay:

Thanks....double elimination starts on 6/25 and concludes on 6/26. ? ? The berth is for ASA Nationals as stated.

Valley Extreme

I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that there is only one ASA National Qualifier tournament in Ohio and that is being held at Cortland, OH this year. ? The only other way to qualify for the ASA national was via the ASA State tournament.

Did ASA authorize another ASA National qualifer for Ohio? ?We are talking about the ASA 14U Nationals in Owensboro Ky - right?

If you do a MapQuest on that address, I think you'll find that it's right outside Cortland.

I just did, I was thrown off by the city provided in the original post.

Managers:

Please visit our WEB SITE www.valleyextreme.com under the "Tournament Info" tab to download application form and tournament information.

Thanks

Valley Extreme

It looks like you have a great line up so far. Have any teams from out west inquired about your tournament? You know how they like to travel to the midwest to get a berth when they can't get one at home.

How many berths will be given to the nationals from this tournament?

Ultimate_FP_Fan:

It is hard to say how many teams have contacted us for this tournament from the West Coast. ? If a team is real interested in the tournament they come right out and tell me their team name and location. ? ? Sometimes I ask, sometimes I just furnish the information that they are requesting. ? We are certainly looking to provide a tournament with GREAT competition, so we welcome all teams and let the best team win. ? ? However, we will only being taking 20 teams so the first 20 are in and then we will be creating a waiting list.

As far as we have been told this National Qualifier will only be awarding "one" berth to the Owensboro, Kentucky 14U Class A National Tournament planned for 8/1-8/7.

Hope this helps!

Valley Extreme

Not to be negative here... but it states no time limit... you may have a problem. in the ASA Rule book "JO can not exceed 1:40 except for a tie"

time limit per game in JO's is 1:40, unless there is a tie. then you employ the international rule.

To All:

I did a little research last evening on the ASA web site, and here is what I found. ? In the ASA 2005 Code (Rule Book) it states in Article 513 for "National Qualifying Tournaments" for Class A 14U Junior Olympic Girls, in section H (Time Limit), page 72:

States "No time limit rule less than one hour and thirty minutes for fast pitch shall be allowed in Junior Olympic National Qualifiers".

The way I read this is the time limit is 1 hour and 30 minutes. ? Appreciate anyone that can confirm?

Thanks
Valley Extreme

ValleyExtreme12U said:
... "No time limit rule less than one hour and thirty minutes for fast pitch shall be allowed in Junior Olympic National Qualifiers".

If that's the rule then my interpretation is that the minimum length of a game without a run rule is 1 hour 30 minutes or 7 innings.

I agree with you on the minimum, however in the rulebook it self is states not to exceed 1:40. i can't find in online, but look in the rule book not the code.

Ron:

I agree the ASA Code and ASA Rule book are different ASA documents. ? I seem to have misplaced my 2004 rule book, but in the 2003 it also states the one hour and thirty minute timeframe. ? ? I'm not sure why ASA has a Code and a Rule book, the code is under the umpire's section. ? ?Since I do not yet have a 2005 Rule book, does it actually state a one hour and forty minute time limit in the 2005 Rule Book?

Thanks

Tournament Update:

There will be at least eight games played Friday night 6/24. The early game will go off at 5:00 p.m., and the second one at 6:45 p.m.

We are also planning on playing some scrimmages the evening of 6/23 (similar to Compuware) we have fields to accept eight teams. These scrimmages are free other than the cost of one or two umpires. The umpire fee will be split between the two particiapting teams. One umpire fee ~$30, two umpires ~$50. Concession stand will be open!

Let me know if your paid team is interested in playing on Thursday evening? Contact me at lions223@aol.com.

Thanks

Greg Bensing
Valley Extreme

This tournament could get interesting. I believe the Minors Gold team won the 12u ASA's in Illinois last year.