ASA "B" State Tournament July 2-3

Listed below are preliminary facts about the event.

Age Groups: 8U M/P 10U 12U 14U 16U 18U

What is a ?B? Team: The ASA defines a B team as any team that participates in a league.

Awards: Choice of either National B or ASA
Eastern Nationals.

Host : Lady Mustangs, Strongsville, Ohio
Date: July 2-3 (rain date the 4th)
Site: Strongsville Recreation
18100 Royalton Rd.

Number Games: 4 (weather permitting)
Entry Fee: $275.00
Entry documents: Proof of Insurance
Completed attached roster
Proof of league participation.
Parking Charge: $3.00
Coolers: For team use in dugouts only.

Tournament Director: Tom Burke
E-Mail: Sacham@aol.com
Business Phone: 440 263-7999

Address: Lady Mustangs
13015 Compass Point
Strongsville, Ohio

Checks Payable To: Lady Mustangs
Entry Deadline: June 15, 2005

Hotels: Holiday Inn Motel 6 more 10 minutes away in Middleburg Ht

Food: On site and minutes away.

How many berths will be awarded to each age group? ?Also, could you please give the locations of the National B or ASA
Eastern Nationals? ?Thank you.

I just thought I should state some facts for this tournament so people can make an educated assessment for next season. Names and teams will be kept out so not to offend anyone.

This tournament started with our first game having a protest. The Tournament rules stated the time limit to be 75 minutes, however the umpire had 80 minuted in his rules. I verified in the 4th inning to what he had , since i wasn't positive because we received rules and schedule changes 4 times. The umpire told me it was 80 minutes and i made sure the other coach knew that is what the unpire had and the ump did verify that they knew that as well. they said, go figure everything else is wrong, keep in mind their team was winning 2 - 0. In the 5th inning, our team rallied, and after a 2 run triple that gave our team a 3 - 2 lead, the other coach protested the time limit and I do not blame them, but guess what no one from the tournament was there, we needed to call the tournament director, who said the umpires ruling stood. Every game after that one had a 75 minute limit.

The second issue and to me a lot more underhanded. After going 2 - 1 in pool play and scoring 9 runs and giving up 11, we figured we should get one of the top seeds, which was confirmed to us at 9:00pm when we received a call and was told we were playing at 9:00 against a team we already beat, which went 0-3. When we showed up to the game, we were told we were playing another 2 - 1 team, a different team than we were told the night before and that the tournament director's team was now playing the other team. Not only did they change the brackets, but the team we beat was playing later than us and had a bye! They played later than 2 0f the 3 teams that beat them!

Now, I understand how tough it is to run a tournament and how things change constantly, but its a little questionable when the tournament director changes the brackets and his team is involved and then never posted the brackets for everyone to see on Sunday.

We won't be back, i would rather travel and spend money at a hotel instead of having this happen.