asa rule question

can a 16u player play up in 18u if the tournaments were not asa qualifiers. and if they did play in a qualifier can she be taken of the roster and then put back on. would she be able to play 16u the following year ?

Well rules are rules but some rules are never enforced. :)

Unfortunately it's all about the dollar with most sanctioning bodies. I could be way off, but I understand that if you play up and the team wins the tournament "Championship play" then your dd is now on that teams roster for that year.

BUT.......I asked Warren and his words were something like "Well.....We want as many girls playing as possible so we are not going to enforce that "rule" or something along those lines.

Basically it is a free for all so just try to follow the somewhat "rules" the best you can and go from there. ;&

Well rules are rules but some rules are never enforced. :)

Unfortunately it's all about the dollar with most sanctioning bodies. I could be way off, but I understand that if you play up and the team wins the tournament "Championship play" then your dd is now on that teams roster for that year.

BUT.......I asked Warren and his words were something like "Well.....We want as many girls playing as possible so we are not going to enforce that "rule" or something along those lines.

Basically it is a free for all so just try to follow the somewhat "rules" the best you can and go from there. ;&

;&

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Don't be ASA bashing on here. :D

Just the facts Maam !! :lmao:

dragnet12.jpg

can a 16u player play up in 18u if the tournaments were not asa qualifiers. and if they did play in a qualifier can she be taken of the roster and then put back on. would she be able to play 16u the following year ?

Ash10: If we didn't have all these needless Eastern Regional Qualifiers in this State... you wouldn't have to ask this question.

I am sorry that Ohio has turned into a battleground of stupidity.

Why can't tournaments be tournaments... and ASA/USA and NSA National Qualifiers and USSSA (whatever) qualifiers be just that.

And everything else.. just tournaments.... I'll never know. Confuses the heck out of me why Ohioians put up with it.

The answer is "YES" as long as it was not an ASA National (or Eastern) qualifier. Only in qualifiers are rosters mailed to the ASA State office.

Martin Drain
District 1 ASA Commissioner

The answer is "YES" as long as it was not an ASA National (or Eastern) qualifier. Only in qualifiers are rosters mailed to the ASA State office.

Martin Drain
District 1 ASA Commissioner

Excuse my stupidity Martin, but are you positive about the Regional Qualifiers?

This is straight from Warren Jones. We run one and we have to send those rosters in. ASA code commonly use the phrase, "championship play" and regional qualifiers will lead to championship play.

I am just not familiar with the rules around those Regional Qualifiers. All we do down here is request to go to Southern Nationals and if you win it then you turn in your roster. After that you just have to have 5 players on NEXT years roster to play in ASA Nationals.