ASA vs. NSA

Chardon Storm

Reaction score
We are playing in a NSA tournament for the first time this year and wondered if anyone could tell me what rules NSA has that are different than ASA?

gcg3refs

Reaction score
From what I remember is that they have Twins, basically 2 DP in the batting order.

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
They have a stricter Bat approval -
" the NSA Approved Bat List is no longer used by NSA as the new requirement effective 1/1/2015 requires that all NSA approved bats must be from one of the APPROVED BAT COMPANIES and bear the NSA 2012 logo."

We had a girl disqualified and had her CF5 confiscated at an NSA tournament over the winter -

I think other than that they are fairly standard

Mdfio

Reaction score
I didn't even know NSA was still around Ohio, I know they require their own insurance

mike_dyer

Reaction score
They have a stricter Bat approval -
" the NSA Approved Bat List is no longer used by NSA as the new requirement effective 1/1/2015 requires that all NSA approved bats must be from one of the APPROVED BAT COMPANIES and bear the NSA 2012 logo."

We had a girl disqualified and had her CF5 confiscated at an NSA tournament over the winter -

I think other than that they are fairly standard

One summer my kid played with a kid with delusional parents.

Oh wait,,, every summer my kid has played with a kid with delusional parents. Once upon a time there was a real hard case though and this situation really stuck to me.

The kid steps into the box, the umpire says to her "I need to see that bat..." and he checked it out then handed it back to her.

Her dad says to me "See! These umpires know who is hitting! The word is out!! He thinks her bat is rolled!!!!!!!"

I rolled my eyes and kept watching the game.

After the game he asked the umpire why he looked at her bat just knowing he was going to stroke his ego a little.

The umpire said "Well,,, the CF6 Insane has that webbing on it. It's legal. All of the CF 7s have it but they aren't NSA approved yet. I just needed to make sure it was good to use in an NSA game..."

The **** eating grin left his stupid face when he found out that no one gave a flying **** about him or his kid's bat.

I don't know about any of you, but I love seeing a **** stick get it like that. ;)

Last edited:

mike_dyer

Reaction score
I'd also like to add that I hope I told just enough of this story so the person who I am talking about knows who I am talking about and I hope it makes you hate me a little.

Just so you know, pumpkin, you'll never hate me half as much as I hate you.

wow

Reaction score
Mike- Hijack away! Love your "tell it like it is attitude". So many truths in what you say, but man are you brutal. Apogee demon much?

Back to the original question. NSA does not have much stuff around. Differences are bat requirements, number of batters, DP flex, and number of substitutions.

Feel free to reference here http://www.playnsa.com/rule-book

manitoudan

Reaction score
Just an opinion but NSA tournies tend to have much lower competition than ASA .

coachtomv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'd also like to add that I hope I told just enough of this story so the person who I am talking about knows who I am talking about and I hope it makes you hate me a little.

Just so you know, pumpkin, you'll never hate me half as much as I hate you.

Apparently "bowser" does not like you very much.....

Munch, munch, munch, goes the popcorn.

wpaguy

Reaction score
One summer my kid played with a kid with delusional parents.

Oh wait,,, every summer my kid has played with a kid with delusional parents. Once upon a time there was a real hard case though and this situation really stuck to me.

The kid steps into the box, the umpire says to her "I need to see that bat..." and he checked it out then handed it back to her.

Her dad says to me "See! These umpires know who is hitting! The word is out!! He thinks her bat is rolled!!!!!!!"

I rolled my eyes and kept watching the game.

After the game he asked the umpire why he looked at her bat just knowing he was going to stroke his ego a little.

The umpire said "Well,,, the CF6 Insane has that webbing on it. It's legal. All of the CF 7s have it but they aren't NSA approved yet. I just needed to make sure it was good to use in an NSA game..."

The **** eating grin left his stupid face when he found out that no one gave a flying **** about him or his kid's bat.

I don't know about any of you, but I love seeing a **** stick get it like that. ;)

Mike, I got another Funny bat story that just Happened last week. My 10 year son plays in a AAU travel baseball league. The bat rule is pretty open , you can use any bat size 21/4 , 2 5/8 or 2 3/4 ...basically you can use a little league bat or Senior Big Barrel . So its close game and my son hits a 2 run homer over the fence. about 200ft shot. The next time up , in the middle of the count coaches asks the ump to check bat. Ump says its fine ...Son then hits a triple ....Coach again questions Bat ...now he is making a big deal about the bat...Turns out he thought he was using a softball bat ....LOL ....Some coach I thought , does not know the bat rules , thinks all Anderson bats are for softball ...and to top it off , I think a softball bat would be less hot than a baseball bat ....made me laugh as we won the game ...

manitoudan

Reaction score
The dumbest waste of time ever is the blue going over every bat before every game , even the 2nd game of a DH , in NAIA play . Dont get me wrong I want legal bats for sure , but blue going over that list isnt doing a dang thing other than wasting time . If someone has an illegal bat they sure ain't gonna include it in the pre game inspection .

manitoudan

Reaction score
Ah The state tourney that wasnt a tourney , Ran by 16 year olds , cash pocketed by adults .