Aspire Higher Sports Mental Skills Training

klinder

Reaction score
What is the difference between consistent championship performances and teams being average? Mental mindsets, team chemistry, leadership, confidence, belief and trust.

As coaches we spend hours upon hours working with our teams on developing softball skills and team strategies when the actual difference becomes which team or individual performs better when the game is on the line in that critical crucial moment. You see it in every level in every sport. We saw it in the NBA play-offs. We will see it in the World Series. We see it in every NCAA championship. You see it in the final games on Sunday of a tournament. The teams that win have players that can keep it all together and can control their focus, confidence, and emotions under pressure.

How much time do you spend teaching your players mental strategies and mindsets that will help them perform better? What percentage of you workouts are devoted to that part of the game? Yet being able to control confidence, focus, and emotions is the biggest factor in winning.

Most coaches spend very little time teaching their players how to understand the mind body connection, how to focus better, how to be aware of how their thoughts and beliefs impact their performance, how to be more confident, how to train their subconscious mind to trust themselves, how to relax on the field and to let go of mental or physical mistakes, how to take control of their emotional states, and how to make adjustments. Coaches tell kids to focus, to relax, to be confident, and to make adjustments but do they teach them how to do those things?

The teams that win championships are the teams that either have players who can do those things naturally or who have been taught how to incorporate those strategies into their game on an every day basis.

One of the things that I did religiously as the head coach at KSU and Ashland was incorporate using mental skills training in my programs. It was the difference maker that allowed our teams to win championships consistently.

My passion has always been to help athletes improve their performance through improving their mental approach and mindset. I have started a new company called Aspire Higher Sports which focuses on incorporating mental skills training into softball skills training using the same simple strategies that I used with my college programs.

Teaching young athletes to become aware of their thought patterns, emotions, and beliefs can help empower them to be more confident and perform more consistently. Athletes can train their subconscious minds to be more positive, confident, and trusting which will have a profound impact on their every day life.

If you are interested in learning more about Aspire Higher Sports or to host a training session with your team go to www. aspirehighersports.com or
https://www.karenlindersoftball.com/aspire_higher_sports or call me, Karen Linder 330-221-5197.

These sessions are also good for the parents to listen to as well. They make you think about what you think and how it influences your reality.