Bat recommendation for 11/12 year old

Reaction score
I am looking for advice on bats. My daughter is turning 12 and currently swings a Vendetta 30/18. Bat size-wise, she is about ready for a 31". Debating on getting her a new bat. She got to test out several -11 bats and her swing speed and exit speed really decreased. Is this just due to the additional 2 ounces that she isn't used to yet? she needs to keep her speed higher. Would it be better to look into a 31" -12 instead of -11? Or, at what point does she truly need a longer bat? When doing the arm measurement, the 30" is just a bit shorter than her finger tips, maybe an inch. The guy at the store recommended -11's since she'd be "getting to an age when she needs to swing a -10". She is excited for a new bat but just don't want to spend money on one that isn't going to improve her hitting due to a slower swing.

Brian Blinn

Reaction score
I think you're overthinking it. Don't get caught up in all the metrics. If she can hit it, she'll still be hitting it. She will get bigger and swing the slightly bigger bat just fine. Pull the trigger...watch the smile on her face and sit back and enjoy the ride!