Hitting and Hitters Discussion Batting Gloves?

01softballmom

Reaction score
I would like your opinion on batting gloves that last, at least longer than 12 games that is! My DD is a pretty big bat and seems to go through batting gloves extremely quick. I have searched many reviews, they mostly reference back of the hand protection which honestly is not a concern of mine. I am looking for palm durability with a great fit. I am not to concerned with cost if they are a great glove, do not get me wrong I do not want to pay something ridiculous, but at the same time I am purchasing gloves every 6 weeks or so at 40 bucks a pop! I did have a coach suggest to her to get leather football gloves with out the sticky grip? Thoughts on that?

Coach_Dave

Reaction score
My DD loved the Xprotex - They seemed to have worn well - Lasted through last season amd are still in good shape - Plus they add alittle bit of protection to the back of the hand

Do those have palm padding C.O.F.? We go thru gloves like nobody's business, but DD is weird about the palm padding

Reaction score
Try the Spiderz. High quality glove. Lots of silicone on the palm, instead of leather which can become dry with sweat and moisture.
Great gloves!
PM me for more info.

Reaction score
Try the Spiderz. High quality glove. Lots of silicone on the palm, instead of leather which can become dry with sweat and moisture.
Great gloves!
PM me for more info.

gindles

Reaction score
My daughter loves the under armour padded palm. They have lasted longer than any gloves I have bought. Going on 2 seasons now only reason I bought a new pair is she changed teams and wanted them to match I also figured it wouldn't hurt to have a back up.

wadad

Reaction score
My D.D. loves the Turbo Slot III. The extra pad near the thumb moves the hadle slighly away from the palm and more into the finger area. Allowing her to get a little extra whip on the end loaded bat.

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
Daughter likes the Eastons with VRS padding. Rawlings workhorse have been the most durable she has used.

Laser05

Reaction score
SpiderZ are about the best I have seen. About $40 a pair but they hold up well.

Irish196

Reaction score
My daughter won a pair of batting gloves at Alabama's summer camp last year. They are finally wearing out (and she wears them several times a week even in the fall & winter) and she wanted a new pair. Turns out they are men's gloves but they worked really well for her. They are the Nike MVP Elite gloves. Unfortunately they don't sell any with college team logos and custom colors but the colors available are still nice.

Last edited:

311road

Reaction score
My dd is in need of some new batting gloves, which ones offer the most padding in the palm, and will the xprotex fit comfortably under the fielding glove? She always wants to wear one on her glove hand.

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
My DD eventually stopped wearing batting gloves but before she did, she liked the feel of the bat in her fingers so she used "open finger" sports gloves they are much more durable than your typical batting glove and can provide hand/blister protection.