Batting technique, does it matter?

BuckeyeLeaf

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hitting and batting. Is it different than baseball or about the same? Is there a specific technique to a nice hit? Do fundamentals really matter? Watch this video and you tell me your opinion..

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
Watching Japan beat Team USA today there was a lot of throwback outside of team Japans uniforms.

Several of Japans hitters used the old rotational "squish the bug" for contact and it worked well for team Japan as they reduced strike outs and improved contact letting Team USA pitchers supply the power.
Team Japan training video with one of their top hitters....

Watch the video several times, notice hands, elbow and lower body compared to traditional baseball swing... I guess what works works....

Last edited:

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
Hitting and batting. Is it different than baseball or about the same? Is there a specific technique to a nice hit? Do fundamentals really matter? Watch this video and you tell me your opinion..

Team Japan just won gold with most of their hitters using a fixed lower half and rotational swing so, I would say yes the softball swing can be different than base ball depending on the hitters style including slappers...