Been years but I've made my way back :)

manitoudan

Reaction score
I'm sure some may go back even longer but I've been around this place for 15 years or so . Made many a good friend , Even Laser people .. LOL . Any other old timers hanging around ? I saw Bretman and his always spot on umpiring/rules advice. I was at Shawnee St recruiting for 3 years in 2016,17 and 18 seasons . Was fun but ran its course , was out for 3 years , now assisting a good group in Lewis Co Ky.

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure some may go back even longer but I've been around this place for 15 years or so . Made many a good friend , Even Laser people .. LOL . Any other old timers hanging around ? I saw Bretman and his always spot on umpiring/rules advice. I was at Shawnee St recruiting for 3 years in 2016,17 and 18 seasons . Was fun but ran its course , was out for 3 years , now assisting a good group in Lewis Co Ky.

Welcome back! Would be nice if you could start a new thread and talk about your experience as a recruiter. I'm sure lots of players and parents would be interested. I would be very interested to read about your experiences.

manitoudan

Reaction score
Yeah several things led me to step away from SSU . I was building a house . Had a healthcare flare up which took over a year to get a diagnosis ( Benign Fasciculation Syndrome) . And I was still trying to run/manage my business. I'll throw out some stuff about recruiting when time permits , glad to see a few old names still around . This site was en fuego back around 2006-2010 or so .. 14u polls , 16u polls , tons of dads like me running their mouths .. it was fun but I wish I wouldnt have been so hard on my DD . ( surely they will understand DD right ? LOL )

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
welcome back Dan. i know you will have plenty of good stuff to share and keep some of the newbies in line at the same time. lol

Run26

Reaction score
Nice to see you MD! I miss the old Ohio Sapphires 94 verse Doom 94 days! Crazy to think my oldest is graduating next week with her masters and my youngest 98’ is graduation this weekend with her bachelors. Where does the time go? Be well!

manitoudan

Reaction score
We were Doom 95 .a total ass kicking group of young ladies . Amazing group of talent , and we all got along very well. Around 6 D1 players and most started as freshman at their colleges. Played with and against so many MAC kids you could lose track . This place was the Wild Wild West in those days.