Best free video sharing service

Reaction score
What is the best site for sharing videos with other families on your team? What are the size limits?

I started uploading video to the Dropbox site and used all of the free space (Dropbox Basic) and didn't get a whole game on there.

Thanks,
Joel

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
We actually have a way to live stream on the forum. We actually don't have it turn on at this time, but we're planning on doing it later on..

finfan365

Reaction score
Vimeo has a free option but is limited in size. Their pro version is $7 per month which offers 7gb upload per week. Not sure what your game file size is but that might be an option. They can either stream directly or download the video.

The pro account also allows you to set custom privacy options like password protection or embedding restrictions.

FastBat

Reaction score
Ok, so if you are just talking an at bat, you could video tape it in "Hudle" then private message it or post on your team's FB page. You can instruct and talk over the video with that app.

An entire game, you tube? I've never done that before but I have watched games.

Posting full games or partial on thesoftballzone would be cool!

Maxx

Reaction score
Create a youtube channel and save the videos as "unlisted" and then send out the links. Need to make sure all music is removed from the video after you upload it or the video may be removed.

thestuff142

Reaction score
Hudl is pretty good for that. Everyone gets an account access log in and can watch as much as they want. There is a fee but you could easily add that to the cost of team. It is a great tool for recruiting...at least for football.

If you are looking for a live viewing option....Periscope is awesome! Can watch live action. I believe you can go back and re watch...just don't think they can download and use as their own.

For recruiting purposes I am guessing Hudl will be best bet. Youtube is good avenue as well, but you have to be a little more knowledgeable. HUDL is fairly idiot proof.

LynkSpyder

Reaction score
I have another direction for you. At the beginning of each season, I buy an extra 1TB external hard drive. After each tournament I copy all of the video to this drive (and my drive). I give the drive to anyone who wants video. They pass it around and give it back before the next weekend. If I don't get it back, nobody gets video. It's self policing and works very well.

But smaller "hero" clips go on YouTube as unlisted videos.

frenchy101010

Reaction score
I use youtube. I probably have like 300 of my daughters games on there. Great for the parents who can’t make it. Great for the grandparents who live in another country, and mine that arent to healthy.

22dad

Reaction score
Bringing this up again, I will be recording via GoPro and would like to share the games for parents to download and edit on their own. Willing to subscribe and share but not be the video coordinator. Thoughts