Best live action video camera

sofballermom

Reaction score
If a team is considering having a live feed of their games, what video camera would you recommend? There are so many options in addition to the GoPro, it is overwhelming. Do they need their own built in either wifi or data connection of some sort? I would love opionions of any of you that have used some. Thanks!

LynkSpyder

Reaction score
Live feed is sort of a tricky beast. But here is what we recommend:
1.) For low budget broadcasting, I recommend a Smart Phone. Not as wide of a view as a GoPro, so it will be hard to capture the entire game. But it has all of the tools to capture and broadcast (camera and data plan).
2.) Next on the list would be a GoPro and a broadcasting tool like the "Livestream Broadcaster mini" that will interface with the HDMI (or USB to HDMI in the HERO5 and 6) port of the GoPro. This device would then upload via available WiFi or Tethered Wifi from your smartphone. This is an expensive option, but allows the benefit of recording the game to the GoPro and live broadcasting at the same time.

For mounting the hardware to the fence, of course we recommend LynkSpyder (www.lynkspyder.com). For a smartphone setup, checkout this recommendation from our website:
https://www.lynkspyder.com/support/smartphone-configuration

I hope this helps,

Josh Greer