Iowa 5-3 .625 22-16 .579
Purdue 3-3 .500 25-12-1 .671
Penn State 4-4 .500 22-16 .579
Northwestern 2-4 .333 20-11 .645
Wisconsin 2-4 .333 22-15 .595
Minnesota 2-4 .333 24-17 .585
Michigan State 3-7 .300 21-18 .538
Ohio State 2-6 .250 10-25 .286

Pitchers are injured and out. Using SS and CF (could be mistaken) as pitchers.

That will be the next head coach gone from OSU, I think Hockey was let go after the season..... 22 years is too long...

They looked bad against IL Sunday

Everybody has their ups and downs. They are just going through that phase right now. The good teams just pull up out of the down moments a little quicker than others. They will be back in no time.

Yeah! WOW! been watching when I can. When did they let rec teams play in the Big10!:lmao:

Its a shame that The Ohio State University can do so well in other sports, but can't put a quality softball team on the diamond.:(

FYI, U of MN is starting over with new head coach and at least moving in the right direction, Have a roster 50% MN with usually 5 starters from MN including P and C, in fact top 3 pitchers are homegrown including their new ACE Sara Moulton who has been Big 10 freshman of the week for I think 3 weeks running. So it's not about ignoring local talent, more about getting the right coach to get the right kids.

They actually have more kids from CA than OH. There are 9 from CA, and 8 from OH.

If you want to talk statistics, the average roster size of the Big Ten teams is 18.2. Michigan has the largest roster with 21, while Iowa is the smallest with 15.

The average number of "homegrown" student-athletes is 5.64, while the average number of California student-athletes is 5.09. By percentage, it is homegrown 31%, and Cali 28%.

To take the numbers even further, let's look at the top 5 schools for homegrown and California women.

Top 5 homegrown (by pct.)
1. Minnesota 56.4
2. Ohio State 42.1
3. Illinois 41.2
4. Michigan 38.1
5. Indiana 35.3

Top 5 California (by pct.)
1. Ohio State 47.4
1. Northwestern 47.4
3. Illinois 35.3
3. Indiana 35.3
5. Penn State 30.0

There are four schools that have more California student-athletes in their softball program than homegrown:

Northwestern 9-2
Ohio State 9-8
Penn State 6-4
Purdue 5-4

Illinois has a very good hitting team and when they faced OSU it really showed.
OHIO STATE will be back and strong in the next two years. They are building and I think you will see a power house back in two years. the loss of some key players from last year did make a difference.

I think Illinois will take the Big Ten this year if they stay the way they are.

I think Illinois will take the Big Ten this year if they stay the way they are.

They just split a doubleheader with Purdue on Wednesday, and also lost to Illinois State the week before.

What will be telling is their two game series at home against Michigan this weekend. Michigan has only lost 3 games all year so far. Their conference records aren't all that different, but their overall records are.

Michigan also has wins over both Arizona and Arizona State, so they have played some strong teams.

True, but their hitting was solid and I like the way they handle two stirkes when facing a pitcher. Good pitching and good hitting will be the difference..... maybe if the sunshines ?

OSU plays PURDUE Sat and Sunday lets hope for a rebound. I hate shutouts in 5.