Biggest LIKE of Travel Softball

jt7663

Reaction score
The Interest in the DISLIKE post made me think that there should be a thread for your Biggest "LIKE" of Travel Softball.

I would start with the Life Building Trait of "Since of Accomplishment when a Goal is Achieved" & "Learning that Hard Work Pays Off"

EDGE MARCHINY

Reaction score
The great food at the concession stands and all the great memories of my kids playing and having no care in the world

Last edited:

wannaplaysb

Reaction score
The life lessons that only the game of softball can teach...
My daughter is a junior. She is next door to the school that has lost so much to suicide and her best friend attends that same school ( from her travel team) and has been bullied by girls from her high school team....I say all this because I read my daughter’s memoir for English class. It was about the recruiting process and how much more the game has given to her. more than she can ever hope to give back to it. She talked about how every weekend gives her something to look forward too. She spoke about how much she depended on her teammates. How they have her back every time she lets go of the ball. How she works to make them proud. And to achieve things she did not know she could. She is proud of how she learned something new. Then worked harder to make it good. Then worked even harder to make it her best. She mentioned how every email felt like it was a resume for a job. And commented on the research skills she honed on coaches. And then she went to camps and had to perform at that level. Many ignored her. Some came. When she figured out how to set herself apart...or commanded the focus. A coach left the school she loved. Or committed someone else! So failure is part of her world. She learned resilience. She was told by many she wasn’t good enough. But chose to ignore them. Or lived to prove them wrong. The bottom line was she grew from a girl that wanted to play to a player in a few short years. But grew from a kid to a young adult through the game. And again... a pitch and catch!

Itaintsoft

Reaction score
The time we get to spend together away from the real world of work, school, bills, TV, cell phones, housework and the like. We load up the car and take our mini softball vacations most weekends of the summer. Don't know what I will do without it one day soon.
And oh yeah, I love to watch her play.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Absolutely loved every post so far. All of those that spoke to the bond that it helped form really struck close to home for me. My daughter and I built a bond that could never be broken, and helped us both through some tough times. But I miss both watching her play and coaching the game dearly.

OhPhat

Reaction score
-A common connection with my DD allowing us to spend a lot of time together
-Friendships formed not only by the players but the families as well
-Life lessons learned along the way by my DD that have change her in a good way even only at 11
-Watching the girls grow mentally and improve physically game to game and practice to practice
-The pureness for the love the game and competition shown most

Reaction score
Time I was able to spend with my daughter and the hundreds of lessons and practices I spent sitting on a bucket. She’s in college now but I look forward to that one more time to sit on the bucket and hopefully not get hit in the shin!

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
The memories…

Not the wins/losses championships etc. but the other things that come with travel softball.

Players and parents building friendships and memories in-between- games and before and after tournaments…The contacts with coaches, players and parents from around the country…

Riding the L in Chicago with the team with some pre-tournament shopping. Spending a few extra days on the strip in Pidgeon Forge TN, Riding the train and seeing the train museum in Chattanooga, The Girls and Families with Kendra at the Wild Horse in Nashville, The HOF events in OKC, All the hotel antics. Getting an opportunity to participate with families with college signings, basic training and HS/College graduation that was part of the travel ball growth experience

wannaplaysb

Reaction score
It kinda makes me wonder... why so many pages for the dislike post vs this one? For the money we spend and the joy we get. Is our society so inclined to hate vs love? I told a 10u team parents many moons ago, the best you can get from this game is time. Time to teach. Time to learn. Time together. That’s all I can promise you.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
There isn't one.

Softball is a wasteland.

Tell your kid to get out while she still can...

tankerlab

Reaction score
There isn't one.

Softball is a wasteland.

Tell your kid to get out while she still can...
There isn’t just one. What a fantastic journey!
I think Cards hit a lot of them!
The Chase was fun too!
Softball has given SO much to my daughter!
A free college education, seeing the country, making memories, making new friends, learning responsibility and how hard work pays off!
Starting all over this year. I’m surprised how I changed my tune about not going to every college game! You realize it’s only four more years and it’s over...

Gray55

Reaction score
#1 Like:

My daughter plays and loves a sport that not only teaches her values that seem to be put on the back burner in the world today but how to deal with the "ups and downs" of life. That hard work pays off in the end. That things are achieved by working for them not because it was handed to you. She is making memories and friends that will last forever. She gets out and plays in the dirt and gets to be a kid. The electronics are forgotten about for hours at a time! And lastly the Chaos that this beautiful sport brings to our life and loving every weekend!