Breaking from travel for HS

Irish196

Reaction score
For the OH HS rule about not practicing with your travel team during the HS season, do they consider the start of coaching as the "HS season" or the first day games can start (or actually do start?) as the "HS season"?

Stedman00

Reaction score
100%agree with above and that's the rule. HOWEVER, must high school coaches will announce and try to enforce that all contact needs to stop on 18 Feb this year. That's the first day that OHSAA says softball season starts (i believe that's the date this year).

Irish196

Reaction score
100%agree with above and that's the rule. HOWEVER, must high school coaches will announce and try to enforce that all contact needs to stop on 18 Feb this year. That's the first day that OHSAA says softball season starts (i believe that's the date this year).

Thanks. That’s exactly why I asked. That’s what we have always been told but I went to the rules and saw the”start of the team’s season” language yet there was no definition for the term “start” . We’ll obviously do whatever the coach wants but just wondered if most teams used the start of coaching as the start date.