Buckeye Charge 11u '07

Nick Gressman

Reaction score
The Buckeye Charge 11u '07 based out of the Akron area will be having tryouts at Jedd Park on the following dates:
July 21, 2018 10:30-12:30
August 4, 2018 10:30-12:30
August 11, 2018 10:30-12:30

Travel softball is not a recreational sport, nor is it an individual sport. Girls who are proud of themselves and genuinely care about team-mates and support them, are the type of girls we want.

** Please arrive 30 minutes prior to tryouts for warm-ups **

** Bring all gear and wear softball attire **

** Please bring a $10 CASH fee due at time of tryout **

Jedd Park is located at:
2275 Pickle Rd
Akron OH 44312

Nick Gressman

Reaction score
It's for serious players who want to make a serious commitment. And not to just come and have no real interest playing for us. If they make it it goes towards team fees

TheHitKing

Reaction score
What if they are serious about playing for you and are committed but simply not talented enough?....I understand that should they make the team their 10 Dollars would be applied to their fees, but to me it doesn’t seem like a very sound tryout policy...why would anyone show up and tryout for an organization if they had no “ real interest “ as you say in playing for that organization?...and is the 10 Dollars refunded to those who in your opinion are not talented enough to make your roster?..or does that fee that they are charged for the privilege of trying out applied to “ team fees “ as well?....

Last edited:

tramlse

Reaction score
What if the child doesn’t make the team?

TheHitKing

Reaction score
Tramise, until the coach replies I would imagine that in that scenario you just made a “ donation “ to the team that will go towards “ team fees “

Last edited:

Jason Norman

Reaction score
Tramise, until the coach replies I would imagine that in that scenario you just made a “ donation “ to the team that will go towards “ team fees “

Jason NormanNew Member
The 10.00 fee will go towards any team fees if the player trying out makes the team. With that being said we are a non profit organization that is a little different from others. Each player will have an option to do community service hours in which our sponsors will pay which will come off of there team fees. Last year our players made up to 400.00 per player earning 10.00 per hr.

Jason Norman

Reaction score
Jason NormanNew Member
The 10.00 fee will go towards any team fees if the player trying out makes the team. With that being said we are a non profit organization that is a little different from others. Each player will have an option to do community service hours in which our sponsors will pay which will come off of there team fees. Last year our players made up to 400.00 per player earning 10.00 per hr.
We donated time in the food banks, tadmor temple haunted house, horse camp with kids with disabilities, one of a kind pets. Our program head has worked hard to acquire corporate sponsors that donated for our player to help them to earn the funds so parents can save. This also give more opportunities to more players to be able to play travel ball.

Jason Norman

Reaction score
Also all of our community service was completed by January 1. We played in 9 tournaments throughout this season. We also played in 2 indoor leagues. We practice throughout the winter months in a 20,000 square foot facility.

VE_05

Reaction score
...why would anyone show up and tryout for an organization if they had no “ real interest “ as you say in playing for that organization?...

Just and fyi, I had girls show up for my tryout last year and after talking to there parents, they said "we are already committed to another team, she just wanted to tryout with her friends and get more practice"

So parents do bring there kids to tryouts with no intent of playing on the team. And its frustrating. Especially when you already have 30 girls there.

mroby5172

Reaction score
The Buckeye Charge 11u '07 based out of the Akron area will be having tryouts at Jedd Park on the following dates:
July 21, 2018 10:30-12:30
August 4, 2018 10:30-12:30
August 11, 2018 10:30-12:30

Travel softball is not a recreational sport, nor is it an individual sport. Girls who are proud of themselves and genuinely care about team-mates and support them, are the type of girls we want.

** Please arrive 30 minutes prior to tryouts for warm-ups **

** Bring all gear and wear softball attire **

** Please bring a $10 CASH fee due at time of tryout **

Jedd Park is located at:
2275 Pickle Rd
Akron OH 44312

Sorry no way that I would pay for my daughter to tryout....too many good teams out there that don't charge.

NoPlaceLikeHome

Reaction score
Just and fyi, I had girls show up for my tryout last year and after talking to there parents, they said "we are already committed to another team, she just wanted to tryout with her friends and get more practice"

So parents do bring there kids to tryouts with no intent of playing on the team. And its frustrating. Especially when you already have 30 girls there.

Great Point VE05! I have heard the same things from people. This is not the only tryout I have seen that charges. And I have no problem paying a fee for a team that not only will help my daughter become an amazing softball player, but thru the community service and the passion and love the program head has for the girls and the game is unlike any other. If people get upset over a $10 fee then so be it. Honestly if they want $10 to come between them and this program its their loss. And probably the people complaining about it would be nothing but problems on a team anyway. It's sad because in the end it is hurting their child. Good Luck to all no matter what tryout you attend or do not attend.