Buckeye Heat Tryouts 2014/2015

LADY_KNIGHTS

Reaction score
***FINAL CENTRAL OHIO TRYOUTS***
Will be held on Saturday, August 16 at the beautifully kept Avery Park at 7401 Avery Road, Dublin, OH 43017. We will run a morning and afternoon session to accommodate players that want to attend multiple tryouts.

We will be running tryouts for all ages bracket (10U thru 18U) at the same time. We have reserved 4 fields so each age bracket will workout on separate fields.

The morning session will begin at 8:00 am with pitchers and catchers and go for roughly and hour. During this hour we will also take registrations for those who have not utilized our online registration process. At 9:00 am we will begin the hitting, throwing/fielding as well as our speed and agility portion of the tryout. We will conclude the morning session about 11:00 am with a communication meeting where parents and players will have access to coaches to answer any questions. The afternoon session will follow the same format with pitchers and catchers starting at 1:00 pm.

Please visit our new Buckeye Heat website at www.leaguelineup.com/buckeyeheatfastpitch
and fill out our online registration form and save yourself from standing in line at tryouts!!!

SESSION ONE
8-9 Pitchers and Catchers...All Age Groups
9-11 All Registants...All Age Groups
11-? Communication and Question/Answer Session

SESSION TWO
1-2 Pitchers and Catchers. All Age Groups
2-4 All Registrants...All Age Groups
4-? Communication and Question/Answer Session

Please visit our Buckeye Heat website at www.leaguelineup.com/buckeyeheatfastpitch to pre-register

2014/2015 Buckeye Heat Coaches
18U Bill Kurelic - Former Dublin HS Varsity Softball Coach with over 30 years coaching exp. bkurelic@insight.rr.com
18U Paul Patton - Former Lima Perry Varsity Softball Coach pkpatton0@gmail.com
16U Shayne Yeater - Assistant Coach Tiffin University ksy2268@aol.com
16U Tim & Kelsie Smith (NWO) - 3 & 4 years HS coaching exp and 5 years travel coaching experience Thetims47@yahoo.com
15U Chad Noggle - 10 years travel coaching experience. buckheat99@gmail.com
15U Dale Dawson (NWO) - Milan Edison HS Varsity Softball Coach daledawson@roadrunner.com
14U Brian Anderson - Whitehall Yearling HS Varsity Softball Coach ba43230@yahoo.com
14U Jeff Frame (NWO) - 5 years travel softball coaching exp. having played mens fastpitch for many years. buckeye-heat00@live.com
13U Nick Gill - 12 years travel coaching exp....5 years with the a Buckeye Heat. thegills1991@gmail.com
13U Todd Momany (NWO) - Evergreen HS Varsity Softball Coach Todd@momany.net
12U Jason Cellar jcellar17@yahoo.com
12U Matt Hoiles (NWO) - Elmwood HS Varsity Softball Coach mhoiles@callies.com
11U Gene Crochet - 5 years HS coaching exp. and 6 years travel coaching exp. gcrochet11@aol.com
11U Emily Sibberson (NWO) - esibby@bex.net
10U tba
10U Aubry Akenberger (NWO) - 7 year Lake HS Assistant Varsity Softball Coach and Pitching Coach. aakenberger@lakeschools.org

Last edited:

JCellar17

Reaction score
Buckeye Heat '02-Cellar is based out of Marion with practice fields in Marion and close to Delaware. I will post our 2015 Team needs after we finish 12U ASA Eastern Nationals. If you have any questions about our team please contact me at 740-361-2327 or jasoncellar@yahoo.com. Thanks.

DADOF2

Reaction score
Are you going to field a 15u team? If so, where would they be practicing ect...?

SMc4SMc

Reaction score
I have an 03' daughter. We're from Lima but does your group include 03' or is that someone else?

krrcoach

Reaction score
Buckeye Heat '02-Cellar is based out of Marion with practice fields in Marion and close to Delaware. I will post our 2015 Team needs after we finish 12U ASA Eastern Nationals. If you have any questions about our team please contact me at 740-361-2327 or jasoncellar@yahoo.com. Thanks.
This is a very talented team, great families, and great coaches. My daughter played for Jason this season. He is a very knowledgeable coach that works great with his team. My dd enjoyed her time with this team and made great friends. The ONLY reason she is not returning next season is the dive to Marion is too much for our family commitments.

MaddKennaMax

Reaction score
Thank You Kerry! We all enjoyed having the both of you! On behalf of KP and the rest of our family.. Good Luck! I hope you find a great fit closer to home for you guys.

Last edited:

JCellar17

Reaction score
This is a very talented team, great families, and great coaches. My daughter played for Jason this season. He is a very knowledgeable coach that works great with his team. My dd enjoyed her time with this team and made great friends. The ONLY reason she is not returning next season is the dive to Marion is too much for our family commitments.

Thanks Kerry, we enjoyed having Hailey and you with us this year. Best of luck next season!

Sliderz6

Reaction score
Do you know who 13u/14u coaches will be next season? For nwo/toledo

Sliderz6

Reaction score
I checked out web site. I was unable to find coaches contact info.

royalzone

Reaction score
Buckey Heat -Toledo schedule is final (no longer tentative) for Aug 10th, as previously posted.

Last edited:

CoachTEA

Reaction score
Buckeyes 99 are a very talented and classy bunch! We played them at FITS and *barely escaped* with a 2-1 victory; the game was one of the best I have seen in long time and felt very fortunate to win - it could have easily gone the way! Great players and coaches; good luck next season.

BA824

Reaction score
Coaches Brian Anderson and Kem Wilson are happy to announce that members of the Buckeye Heat '00 and Heart of Ohio Fear Factor teams have merged to form the new look Buckeye Heat '00 team. Coach Anderson brings over 16 years experience, is also a varsity High School coach and does not have a daughter on the team. Coach Wilson has led the Fear Factor for several seasons and will assist with the new look Heat '00

With both squads having an excellent history of playing the top tournaments such as Stingrays, Lasers, Compuware, GAPSS, ASA States along with 2 apperances at ASA/USA Nationals we are very excited with this move. But even with a great core we are looking for a couple more players to join this new exciting venture. Most positins considered as we have versitle athletes that can play multiple postions. Mostly looking for athletes with good bats and either speed or power. Also could use 1 more pitcher to round out our staff.

We will be having a tryout for our team only on Thursday Aug 7 at 6:00pm at Whitehall-Yearling High School. The coaching staff will also be at the Buckeye Heat organizational tryouts at Avery Park in Dublin on Saturdays Aug 9 and 16.

For more info on us and our plans please contact Brian Anderson at ba43230@yahoo.com or PM me here.

GO HEAT!!!!

momdadmrg

Reaction score
Coaches Brian Anderson and Kem Wilson are happy to announce that members of the Buckeye Heat '00 and Heart of Ohio Fear Factor teams have merged to form the new look Buckeye Heat '00 team. Coach Anderson brings over 16 years experience, is also a varsity High School coach and does not have a daughter on the team. Coach Wilson has led the Fear Factor for several seasons and will assist with the new look Heat '00

With both squads having an excellent history of playing the top tournaments such as Stingrays, Lasers, Compuware, GAPSS, ASA States along with 2 apperances at ASA/USA Nationals we are very excited with this move. But even with a great core we are looking for a couple more players to join this new exciting venture. Most positins considered as we have versitle athletes that can play multiple postions. Mostly looking for athletes with good bats and either speed or power. Also could use 1 more pitcher to round out our staff.

We will be having a tryout for our team only on Thursday Aug 7 at 6:00pm at Whitehall-Yearling High School. The coaching staff will also be at the Buckeye Heat organizational tryouts at Avery Park in Dublin on Saturdays Aug 9 and 16.

For more info on us and our plans please contact Brian Anderson at ba43230@yahoo.com or PM me here.

GO HEAT!!!!

How many pitchers do you currently have coming from your "core" group? What are you looking for in a pitcher?

JCellar17

Reaction score
Buckeye Heat '02-Cellar is looking to add athletic, competitive players that have the desire and drive to play at a higher level. Roster spots and playing time are earned on our team so all positions are open. We will play a competitive schedule consisting of 2-3 fall tournaments plus friendlies, 1 or 2 winter tournaments, spring friendlies, and 7-8 summer tournaments concluding with a World Series or National Tournament. The past 2 seasons we have qualified and played ASA 10U and 12U "A" Eastern Nationals. We will practice year round, our practice fields/facilities are in Marion and Waldo. I do have a daughter on the team that plays 1B and OF, she is not a pitcher. This will be my 8th year coaching a travel team, 5th year as a head coach. I also have high school coaching experience at Ridgedale High School in Morral, OH. Buckeye Heat tryout times for Central OH and NWO are listed on page one. I will be attending both tryouts so if you are interested in our team please let me know which location you will be at. I will also conduct private tryouts if needed. Please feel free to contact me at 740-361-2327 or jasoncellar@yahoo.com.