Catching and Catchers discussion Catcher's gear bag

Anyone have a suggestion for a durable bag? One that is going to last more than a couple months. She has a boombah just wheeled bag and just got it in Feb and already has holes in the top of it and we havent even gotten to the travel season yet. :(

Wilson pudge bag is big and affordable, my dd has been using one going on 3 years now. The no error bags are great but very expensive.

We had a couple different Wilson's not sure of the model but zippers went bad-within a few weeks. I think since they gave us a team discount we got crappy ones...but idk. Her Louisville wasn't too bad. But I will look into the pudge.

DD had the wilson pudge - lots of room, but zippers did go bad and it only lasted one season. She is hard on bags though - they get used for chairs and pillows and everything else. Just shoves stuff in and forces zippers to close. We just started carrying catchers gear in different bag - seems to work better for her.

Have tried about a dozen and can't get a complete season out of any of them.

Wilson pudge bag is big and affordable, my dd has been using one going on 3 years now. The no error bags are great but very expensive.

I've had three of those and the zipper gives up within a year on each of them. I keep finding them cheap so I keep buying.

DD has had a no errors catchers bag this will be the 3rd season. Zippers are still good but some of the zipper pulls are missing. This has held up well as compared to other bags we have tried.

oldest dd has a Mizuno bag from Dick's. Held up for 4+ years. I'm even harder on it than she was. Still in great condition.

I bought my dd an Easton Ogio catchers bag last year. It's horrible for many reasons and I do not recommend.

Len

Tanel 360 has some very nice bags. A little expensive, but you can see where they put the money. Better Zippers, better wheels, thicker material.

Our team just got some new 3N2 Roller bags that are very nice, but they are about 10% too small for a catcher. My daughter can get all her gear in there, but has to pack everything perfect and it's already putting strain on the zippers.

Wilson worked for us. Going on 2 seasons and everything still works. Lots of room.

dont use the rip it. she riped it in 6 weeks.

Going to try a hockey bag...........

Bought my daughter a hockey bag. Seems more durable. Also is roomier for all the catchers stuff and the other necessities that the girls seem to need. Like 15 half full bottles of zero. Teams give her a "pretty" bag that she has to pack precisely. Those only last a while before the zippers give out then she is back to the old black standby that has been around about 5 years now.