Catching and Catchers discussion Catchers Gear ?

I made a promise to my catcher that if she worked hard over the past year I would get her new gear. My question is what brand gear does your catcher like the best? Thanks for any help in advance.

My DD likes the schutt scorpion brand. Says its more comfortable and is cooler than other brands.

My dd grew out of her ix3 gear from Diamond. It's a great set for young kids. She is now 12 years old and we tried many different brands of gear. She decided on the Easton Stealth set.

DD has been using the Easton Stealth equipment for the last 4 years, it's held up well.

Easton Brands can get on the pricey side but are well worth it my DD has used Easton brand for the past 5 years and loves the Stealth set you can usually get the box set which includes helmet,chest protector,and leg protectors for less then 160.00 at most sporting goods stores an extra 10-15 bucks for the knee savers.You could even go online and look for sets.Me personally my DD been through them all the cheapest way is the sets.

Easton stealth, looks good on, comfortable, and not bad pricing depending where you go. Intrested and are around central ohio area ill give you a place you could call,

Thank you Thank you for all of your input. I see now why this board is the best. I have been reading posts on here for over a year now and decided to join.

I have been using the Easton Stealth gear for the past 2 seasons but wanted to see if another brand has slipped something new through the cracks on me. Between family, work, travel program and catchers clinics I have a hard time staying in touch with all of the equipment brands. Im sure this will only get worse now that Im taking on the catchers clinics as a second full time job. Again thank you all for your time.

Don't be afraid to mix brand names either to get the best set of gear. My dd shins, chest protector and helmet are made by three different companies and she loves her gear.