Girls Softball Drills Catchers Catchers helemts

My daughter is in need of a new catchers helmet. She loves hre cooper 2000 but their now Itech any suggestions or comments on the hockey style helmets on the market including the itechs?

My DD likes the Rawlings CoolFlo and it has held up real well. The Eastons look good, but I've had a lot of problem with the snaps breaking. One of the things my DD has complained about with some helmets (not her current one) is how busy the facemask is on them - some have so many bars that they line up and look like a solid wall when glancing down.

My DD is in the market for a new one also. She has tried several different manufacturers and keeps coming back to the Rawlings CoolFlo. She has had one for the past 2 years and has finally outgrown the youth size. I am just waiting for the after season sales to pick her up a new one in an adult size.

I have a hockey style helmet and it is rather quite large on me... Either get a really small one or don't get one at all.

My catcher's helmet is an All Star. ?I like it because I can throw it off easily to track a ball, make a play, etc. etc. ?It is a durable helmet, and no bars get in the way of view. ?The only annoyance are the snaps on the back. ?Sometimes those cause a problem.

I would consider how you deal with your helmet during a play. ?Do you rip it off, or usually keep it on? ?Some masks are built for different uses.... choose wisely! ? ;) ? ?;D

~!Z-UniT00!~

Take a look at the Diamond helmets. Very nice and well made.

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
So forward 15 years and what the best catchers helmet on the market?

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The absolute best for protection and comfort is the All-Stars MV400-Pro Series but the helmet itself costs almost as much as a full set of gear. The best value for protection and comfort for the money are these 3... Diamond Ix5, Schutt Air Maxx 2966 and the All-Star MVP2500 System 7. Following close behind with a little less protection but great comfort are the Easton Jen Schro, the Mizuno Samurai G4 and the Rawlings Velo. UA gear is made by All-Stars