Girls Softball Drills Catchers Catcher's mitts

Anyone have an opinion on a good catcher's mitt on the market? We are looking to replace my DD's mitt and since we live in the middle of nowhere, we can not go to a local establishment and try the gloves on for fit / comfort / etc...

She is 13 at the moment and has pretty normal sized hands for her age. Any recommendations would be appreciated prior to us starting to look

Thanks!

jim

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're looking for. Durability? Best value for the money is Vinci. These things are literally tanks. But many catchers don't like them because they can't feel the ball as well as other mitts through the Kevlar they use for padding and they are fairly heavy.

The best all around mitt is the All-Stars CMW3001 or their AF Elite 33.5. Great value for the money, easy to break in, has solid padding, very comfortable on the hand and decent durability. DD had the CMW 3000 for 3 years of TB and 2 years of college ball before I had to replace it this year with...you guessed it, the CMW 3001. My DD and anyone I've suggested the old CMW3000 to is loathe to wear anything else except a new one/model.

Last edited: