Catching and Catchers discussion Catching Coach - Cleveland Area

Does anyone know of any catching coaches in the Cleveland area. I have 2 daughters 14 & 12 who are catchers and want to take their games to the next level.

this is who my dd went to last fall and really did well.
www.uptobatwest.com

Jackie Cornelius
UTB West Instructor

Coach Jackie Cornelius is excited to start lessons/camps/clinics at UTBWest. She brings years of experience in playing and coaching softball. She began her career at Cleveland State, where she caught for four years. She currently holds various hitting records and defensive records. Following her senior year she was recruited to play over in the European Pro-League. She was picked up by the Vienna Wanderers out of Austria. Coach Cornelius went over to Austria as a head coach and catcher for the Austrian National. She led her team to a 25-4 season. After returning back to the states Jackie came back to Cleveland State to help as a catching coach, this past summer she was drafted to catch for the Michigan Ice, a first year team in the national pro-fast pitch league. Cornelius concluded her career after catching a season for the Ice.

After her professional playing career she decided to take on more coaching. She coached the 14U Wildcats last year and this year will be coaching the 16U Breakers. She has given catching and hitting lessons for the past six years. She recently joined the Strongsville softball coaching staff as assistant varsity coach to Jeanette Howard (Brezina).

During the four years at Cleveland State, she made all conference catcher and all tournament team in 2005. She led the Vikings to the Horizon League Championship off a walk off homerun in the bottom of the 8th against Detroit Mercy. She finished her career with a player of the week after their sweep over University of Illinois Chicago. In the series over the flames she went 6 for 12 at the plate with a 1.083 Slugging percentage. This is where she hit her first career grand slam going 4-5 at the plate with a pair of triples and eight RBI[ch65533]s.

Coach Cornelius is a Cincinnati native. She attended Oak Hills High School where she lettered in volleyball, basketball and softball. She is going to hold catching clinics/ lessons and hitting lessons.

I would consider John Massarelli. John has an impressive resume (although I don't have it handy) as a catcher and coach. John runs Massarelli Baseball located near Akron. However, he may not be available until Fall due to his current managing duties.

I am sure you can get more details by calling the business at 330-784-7032.

My understanding is that Jackie C. is currently residing in or near Cinci .. she is a great catching coach .. I am hoping she comes back to the Cleveland area!!

does anyone have her number or e-mail where she can be reached?

My daughters both went to Jackie for a couple of years. Not sure if she is coming back to the area.

Dave Pastors out of PB Sports in Medina. Former Liberty College Head Coach and Minor League Baseball catcher. Loves working with kids.

Do you have any info on him? Phone number or email?

Thanks

Bob McCracken at Strike Zone in Tallmadge (By Akron). He took my DD who was an "alright" JV catcher last year into the starting catcher for Varsity this year who just received 2nd team all conference for her catching! He can be reached at 330-628-1092 ;D ;D

You can reach Jackie at corny@fuse.net. I believe she plans on staying in the Cincinnati area. She is teaching here and is the Varsity coach at Mt. Notre Dame H.S.