Catching and Catchers discussion Catching Coach on Fast Pitch Radio!

Forum Members,

Ricky (our faithfull forum Grand Leader!) and I have been talking about me doing a regular show about catching on FPR. I am still working on the format I would use and working all of that into my schedule. Between my day job and coaching catchers things get a bit busy.

I would love to hear from the forum members what topics you would like to hear discussed regarding catching. I would want the show to speak to the topics that coaches are concerned about.

So give me your top 3 topics!!!

Dave Weaver ?aka...Catching Coach
www.catchingcamp.com

1. ?Determining which pitch to call and proper signal calling. ?(Teaching catchers to call their own game)

2. ?Fundamentals and mechanics required to play the position.

3. ?The mental side of catching. ?What it takes to be a great catcher? ?

1. Mental game - How to keep female catchers and pitchers positve and focused even when things go bad.
2. Knee Injuries - How to properly assume the stance and other techniques to avoid knee injuries.
3. Equipment - How to select and properly care for a mitt and protective equipment (pros and cons of Knee Savers.)

Thanks for taking the time to speak about catching!

I agree with both "Ladies", with just a different spin on their themes

1. Mental game - including, but not limited to how to keep pitchers positve and focused even when things go bad and the leadership role of a good catcher
2. Physical Preparation - training drills and/or exercises to strengthen arm, hand and knees (what's appropriate at what age group)
3. Equipment - How to select and properly care for a mitt and protective equipment (pros and cons of Knee Savers.)

Thanks -- this will be great!

Dave will be a great person to do the radio show. I purchased his DVD series 2 years ago when my dd was looking at being a catcher. She has since went other directions defensively but Dave took the time to personally chat with me for a loong time on the phone about some technical problems I had with the DVD and then even longer about the position of catching. He is a strong proponent of the game . MD

ManitouDan said:
Dave will be a great person to do the radio show. I purchased his DVD series 2 years ago when my dd was looking at being a catcher. She has since went other directions defensively but Dave took the time to personally chat with me for a loong time on the phone about some technical problems I had with the DVD and then even longer about the position of catching. He is a strong proponent of the game . MD

Dan,

Appreciate the support.

Well I'm sad :'( to hear we lost your DD to the "Dark Side" (the other side of the plate) but glad she is still playing. !!!

Coach Weaver