Catching and Catchers discussion Catching Coach's student Battling Cancer

Go to Bottom of Thread for May 23 2008 update

To all apart of the Ohio Fastpitch Forum family, I am asking for prayers for one of my students.

Those of you that have seen my training DVD have enjoyed the work of one of the 9yr olds that was one of the demosntrators.

His name is Cam, and he was diagnosed on 11/14 with T-Cell Blastic Lymphoma. He has begun chemo in Boston's Children's Hospital. So far the results have been encourgaing. There has been no migration of the cancer into the bone marrow.

He has about 4-5 more weeks of treatments in this intial batch.

You can ready more about his battle at his leagues website.

http://www.derryll.org/2008/

Thanks for your prayers and support for this young man.

Dave Weaver...aka..Catching Coach
?

Our thoughts and prayers go out to young Cam and his family. ?They will need all the bravery, strength and support they can gather to vanquish this?relentless foe. ?

So glad to hear that the treatments are having a positive effect. ?The good news is that cancer treatment is making progress almost daily. Everyone, please give generously to the research fund of your choice.

Catchingcoach, ?

Our thoughts and prayers are with Cam, his family and all who know him. ?My personal family knows what it is like to deal with cancer, but we also know that there is power in prayer. ?We will be praying for him.

Jon Steiner

Catching Coach's student Cancer-Update 12/5

Update on Cam as of 12/5/07

Spoke to Cam?s dad today and Cam is half way through the first of 5 phases of his treatment. Phase 1 will be completed in about another 2 weeks.

He has done well so far, his bone marrow is still clear of cancer so that is promising. He was allowed to go home for a 2 day visit before the next batch of treatments begin. The hospital lets the kids that have no infections, and good white cell counts get out of the hospital a few days between treatment batches to keep a touch of normalcy in their lives.
He goes back in on Friday.

He is pretty tired and has now lost all of his hair which didn?t happen at first like usual.
The program he is on will be very intense over the next 3 months. ?He will be in and out of the hospital until mid-Feb for treatments. At that point he will be evaluated to see how the program has been going and whether he has to repeat any of the steps or continue on.

His progress can be followed in the future on his league?s website www.derryll.org or email me at coachweaver@catchingcamp.com

Catching Coach's Student Update 5/23/08

Many of you have asked about Cam and I appreciate the concern.

Wanted to give everyone an update on Cam. He has done well thoughout the winter and spring with treatments. He has another 12 months of treatments ahead of him.

The link below will take you to a photo from his leagues recent opening day ceremonies where Cam caught the first pitch. He will be one of his teams Asst Coaches this season as well as will be instructing their catchers.

http://picasaweb.google.com/DerryLittleLeague/2008OpeningDayParade/photo#5191453355489955954