Catching and Catchers discussion Catching equipment

I have a slender 14y.o catcher who needs new catching gear. What is the best protective equipment out there and where do I get it ? She needs everything. We live in North Akron area. Is it better to order online or go to a Sporting goods store to try on? This is all new to me so I appreciate everyones advice!

It is better to try it on so that you know that she is comfortable and it fits rights. But when we were looking we found that it is hard to try the stuff on especially in the "off" season0at least in our area-not many store options-3-ugh! We lucked out with what we ordered-it fit great! We ordered Easton fastpitch stealth and that is what the catcher on my daughter's team wears also-I am new to all this but the other recommended to us was Schutt, but it had more specific sizing and since we couldn't find it we went with the Easton-she loves it-so far it has been great and comfortable. The Helmet that was recommended to us was the Adams but it was too large (my dd is a small 11). We bought hers from www.anythingxtreme.com prices were great-and shipping was fast they are in Dayton! I am sure that there will be more experienced advice out there but that is our 2 cents.....good luck looking!

Try the Worth prodigy catchers equipment. Very form fitting and offers nice protection.

Sophie,

I would suggest you follow Brandallee3's advice about trying it on but as he said it may be difficult to find during the off season. ?However, places where indoor leagues or tournaments play sometimes have equipment for sale at the facility. ?You may try the Spano Dome or call them since you are in Akron or Pinnacle on route 18 between Fairlawn & Medina. ?Some other places that play indoors are The Thunderplex, out east and Gallagher Field of Dreams south of Mansfield. ?I am not sure if any of the places have equipment for sale at the present time, but you may give them a call to see if they do or plan to stock any during the winter season. ?If so, it may be worth the time and effort to at least go and try it on and decide on brands and sizes. ?

Someone on here may be able to tell you if any of these places stock or plan to stock equipment this winter. ?

Hope this helps and good luck. ?

Ed

Those places like spano dome and others dont carry equipment there unless there is a tournament going on. Than a vender will be there. If you are going to buy on line for good prices go to www.directsports.com. www.anacondasports.com, www.adstarr.com, Adstarr stuff will be here the next day as they are just in PA. If she is small like you said make sure you order a girls size chest protector.Alot of these places will tell you what size the equipment is online.