Reaction score
Found this Interesting. It will be a reality check to some
image.jpg

BouldersDad

Reaction score
Very true makes a parent even more proud once you see the odds

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
and for me the odds of being able to read this is zero!!! sucks to be blind and old.
can you give me a link to a web page to view this thing Boulders Dad??

BouldersDad

Reaction score
Mark I snatched it off Facebook if you go there just look on my timeline that's as close as I can get you sorry it came out so small

Tim Duncan

01softballmom

Reaction score
and for me the odds of being able to read this is zero!!! sucks to be blind and old.
can you give me a link to a web page to view this thing Boulders Dad??

12800120_986747944694677_4588226434918960755_n.jpg

BouldersDad

Reaction score
So that would mean getting money at the college level is somewhere in the 1/2 to 1% bracket and getting a full ride is somewhere between 0 and 1/2 of 1%. Kinda makes ya wish you had put back more money for college dosent it.

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
Guest it's good that my DG is only breaking her own records in track that she keep setting.

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
This is a bit misleading - Of all the girls playing High School Ball - how many do you think activly plan on playing in college?

- RANGER - you gave me thumbs down for asking a statistical question?

Last edited:

wpaguy

Reaction score
Although , I found this interesting and informative, I have to assume most mom and dads out there are aware that getting a full ride is rare in softball. Do I hope my DD plays softball in college ? Yes ...Do I hope she gets any money for college ? Yes . Would I be upset if she decided not to play or did not get any money ? No ....There is so much more to playing a team sport at a high level than just getting money for college. I have no problem spending $5000.00 a year for her passion. I love spending weekends watching her excel and have fun . The memories I will have , the lessons she will learn the friends she has made and will make , are well worth the time and money we spend to play the game. Some of my friends think I'm crazy , sometimes my own wife thinks I'm crazy , but to me it is all worth her smile. So buck up and if you were smart you started a 529 plan when she was young and you will covered at least partially either way.

PS: That Ice Hockey thing is looking attractive :)

JoeA1010

Reaction score
I wonder what the odds are of a travel ball player playing in college? Of course, there are many different levels of travel ball, so the better question might be what are the odds of a high school player winding up on a travel team that is almost certain to send about all of its players to college softball at some level.

BouldersDad

Reaction score
I have heard on several different occasions from coaches that the norm for schollies is around 30% on the average and that includes a mix of academic and athletic. Your Millage will vary of course. like all info posted here use it as a general guideline and not gospel

E07

Reaction score
http://www.scholarshipstats.com/softball.htm

If you include the non NCAA sanctioned divisions the odds are a little better. 30,874 playing softball which puts it at 8.3%. I think JOEA1010 poses the best question for those of us out running the miles up on the cars and building up the hotel points. What is the percentage of travel ball players making it in college? I know the high school program my daughter will be playing in has around 6 girls playing travel ball (I would guess 25 girls total in the school program) and all in a fairly entry level organization that plays mostly local type tournaments. When Jenna Lilley was giving my daughter hitting lessons starting in the summer before Jenna's Senior year at North Canton Hoover I asked her how many girls played travel ball at her school. She told me everyone on varsity and all but two girls on the JV team. So, what is that number? I am sure if all of the high schools reported the number of girls on their teams that were playing travel ball we could figure that out.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, Tim, and for providing the link, Coop. I do think it's important to ground parents and players on how hard a player has to work and/or how good they need to be to play at the next level. This is especially important so that families just don't assume there will be some kind of financial payback someday. If you factor in that only the D1 and D2 players have a chance to get athletic money, and that the vast majority of those are going to be partials, it can be sobering. As Joe implies, the % for travel players is going to be much higher, especially those still playing at the high school age level. The 2 takeaways should be that players should play because they enjoy playing, and families should plan on having other ways to some day pay for their kids' college educations!

jt7663

Reaction score
I would never crush DD Dream's or discourage her from setting a Lofty Long term Goal based on a Survey!

BouldersDad

Reaction score
Something else to consider is there is also juco and naia colleges how do they affect the total number . Not sure of the amount of those type colleges but I'm pretty sure their numbers are significant

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
Yeah, the problem is trying to put back the massive amounts required for college and still pay your mortgage and eat!!

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
If anyone is doing this solely for college money - you are making a big mistake -
If your doing it for the Love of the game and are willing to put your whole heart into it - there will be College money there for you.
It may not be a full ride to a high level D1 but there will be money.

"You can have Anything IF you are willing to give up everything else to get it"