Classless behavior by parents

Linedrive21

Reaction score
Classless behavior

Witnessed some very disturbing behavior over the weekend and hopefully it will not be the norm but rather the exception!

Last edited:

Betterthanbaseball

Reaction score
I don't think it is limited to just the parents. I think some of the coaches are just as bad. This same tourny had coaches calling balls / strikes before the ump even had a chance. Makes you wonder, at 10U are we trying to take talented girls and develop them into outstanding high school players? Or are the coaches just trying to fill their personal trophy cases?

fpitchdad

Reaction score
When you have 50,000 teams in every age group this is going to happen now and then. :)

okiedad1961

Reaction score
No video? Can we get hitter there to shoot some for the randomness section and appropriate posts.

Hilliarddad3

Reaction score
10u..... Someone's family is into a long next eight years....

Rose

Reaction score
The game this is referring to was a very good 10u softball game. Just like most of the other bracket games at Outlaws Breast Cancer shoot-out. I agree that the coaches/leaders of this organization need to get a handle on their parents. Other than that they are a quality team, play hard, and are well coached.

Reaction score
This was a very competitive game from beginning to end. I agree that coaches need to handle parents, coaches, scorekeepers and families. As a witness to this game, this was a well played game from both talented teams.

It is pretty awesome that every 10u quarterfinal, semifinal, and final is decided by 1 run!

Great job Warren/Ohio Outlaws organization and families for keeping the fields manicured and prepared for play.

Thank you.

coachjwb

Reaction score
I heard a little about this incident as well, though not who the teams involved were or a lot of details. Please people, this is supposed to be about little girls playing a sport they love to play and learning about sportsmanship and class. Don't ruin it for them. There just is no good reason or defense for this kind of crap ... it's always about the immaturity of parents, usually going through this for the first time. Many of us made some mistakes ... but be better than that, and keep your perspective!

softball44

Reaction score
I have no affiliation with this game or post or these teams. But I agree coaches have nothing else to do during the game they should take the time to monitor the parents and handle them. Or!!!! Maybe since I have no interest maybe someone should ask if the umps took control of the game and the situation. Don't know details, probably don't care, but different tourney different teams last weekend I had to have a polite talk to an ump about just being decisive and taking control of the game.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Lets not blame the umps or the coaches ... they are both trying to get a game played and manage 10 year olds ... parents need to take responsibility for themselves ...

coachjwb

Reaction score
In full disclosure, I am not a big bad 14-16u coach ... I had 4 kids and coached at all levels at one time or another, and worked my way up to the older ages and then went back down and started over. After coaching about 10 years of travel fastpitch from ages 11U to 18U (and eventually getting fed up with some parents), I am now helping my son coach my 5 year old grandson's t-ball team! This is not an insult on the 10U game ... the 10U's of today are better than ever and probably could have beat the 16U's of today when they were 10 ... but you are delusional if you think even the best 10U team could compete with an even close to average 14U or 16U team.

But you're also missing the whole point of this thread ... the criticisms are not of the 10U game or the kids at all ... it is of the behavior of some parents at these 10U games. There can be problem parents of course at all ages, but I can assure you that a 10U parent is about 10 times more likely to be a problem than a 14/16U parent who has been through it all and gained some perspective.

Last edited:

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All you big bad 14-16 u coaches crack me up with the insulting of the 10u game. Then you want to talk about class in the same sentence. Do you think that just because someone's coaching or a parent that has a kid that's 10 then that's all the experience they have. I see it time and time again on here and its just dumb. I bet some of those teams in 10u could beat these big bad 14-16 u coaches teams.

In relation to the thread....either describe what happened and tell us who did what or the thread is nothing. No details...no description of what happened...nothing.
4f75fc91e489ad5c75fd7e56af37039a.gif

daboss

Reaction score
Lets not blame the umps or the coaches ... they are both trying to get a game played and manage 10 year olds ... parents need to take responsibility for themselves ...

What do you believe a small staff of volunteer coaches are supposed to do with parents------grown ups, while they take on the task of teaching this fine game to a bunch of 9-10 year old young ladies? Many of these same coaches are as new to travel ball as the girls. I'm not defending or condoning whatever happened. I'm simply curious what is it you expect for your fees paid?

Oh and I agree, let's keep this one open all summer. lol