Coach Cherish Bell of Ohio Storm 07

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
Week #43 Coach of the Week.

cherishbell.png

I would like to nominate Coach Cherish Bell of Ohio Storm 07. Coach Bell has coached my daughter heading into the 4th year now. Coaching for Cherish does not end at 7pm after a long evening of practice, or at 6pm after a long hot day at a tournament. Her caring nature continues long after the games are done being played. She cares about the girls grades, if they are doing well in all their classes. She cares if they are making new friends, and involved in other activities. She is very involved in all the players life’s on and off the field. Cherish is not the coach who is out there always looking for the next big thing, the next star player. Often times, she see’s a diamond in the rough, and polishes it until it shines. She see’s potential in every girl, and helps push them until they see it in themselves. The life lessons Cherish has taught my daughter , I will forever be grateful. To my daughter, the opinion her coach has of her, means just as much as my opinion of her. Often in conversations with my daughter, the question comes up ” what would your coach think of that”? Coach Bell deals with the moody, pre teen attitudes, and pushes right through it. She pushes them when they need to be pushed, but is also gentle with them when they need affection. Often times, I feel coaches are under appreciated. They spend as much time, if not more with our kids sometimes than we do. I know I personally am grateful for Coaches like Cherish. She sacrifices time with her own family to coach these girls. The impact she has made on these young ladies will forever be remembered. From myself, and our softball family, she will always be our #1 Coach.