College Offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewam3

Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
GREAT JOB KID!!!!!
Stop being dumbfounded. Enjoy this and make that TB coach a distant memory. College now, TB done.

tngal01

Reaction score
When a TB coach bashes a great kid because she rightfully did the best thing for her future by leaving his team, he might be a distant memory to her since her hard work and good character paid off.
The other kids that break ties with him may not be so lucky. The bruised ego of a grown man who thinks he "owns" his players and lies and hurts their chances for a successful future is pathetic. That's not what any player should deserve!

Uber_jones

Reaction score
Congrats to your DD curveballdad, you mentioned something that's going to be important to many travel ball parents in about 5-6 months..... The college coach called her high school coach to talk about her character etc. That's something I think disgruntled parents might not realize, good information for them from somebody who just experienced it.

Lester

Reaction score
Congrats... I'm sure that TB coach gets reamed at home either by self mental mutilation or his wife. LOL. Point is, flush the toilet on that coach and spread the joy at home! Live it up and your DD deserves a big congrats!

daboss

Reaction score
If you had multiple past coaches in travel ball I can only assume you moved from team to team in an effort to find a good fit for your daughter and your family. Why would you be concerned that 1 of the many may have a different opinion of her ability or character? Obviously your search paid off in spades and you got what you want. Drop it and enjoy the ride is my advice.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
My 2015 DD was on an unofficial visit and team workout in an attempt to garner a scholarship offer.

I am proud to announce that she verbally accepted that offer tonight.

Preposterous. Everyone knows that every penny of scholarship money for 2015-2018 is spent and has been for quite some time.

The money for 2019 will be gone soon. If you have a kid that age you had better get after it.

No, really though. Well done.

DougA10

Reaction score
I like to compare part of the scholarship process to the salary cap, if you wait too long you will get what ever cash is left over. The players that I know who committed in there sophomore year received quite a bit more cash than those who committed there junior year.

If you happen to be an All American type player who waits till their senior the coaches will find you that full ride, however some of your teammates will suffer when their cash is reduced to cover this player.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why would this post be removed by the OP????
Was the offer not real? Or was this an effort to bad mouth a TB coach?
Now I am wondering what the whole purpose of the post was..........I'd imagine if my DD accepted, I'd announce the school - so maybe another witch hunt???

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
Probably because like most things on OFC these days people try to turn it into a negative.
Offer was real and well deserved.

Last edited:

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably because like most things on OFC these days people try to turn it into a negative.
Offer was real and well deserved.

If that is the case, then shame on everyone, including the OP, for making this thread about taking jabs at others - Instead of congratulating a job well done!

tngal01

Reaction score
Maybe negative people tried to turn something positive into an issue other than what was meant to be. The only people that need to know will be the genuine people and coaches who helped mold this girl's future and help her in everyway possible. They will be genuine and enjoy the good news with her and her family. After seeing what the post was turning into and after some well received advice, the OP put the bad TB experience behind him and moved forward as suggested to celebrate DD's success with the people who matter and not watch others pick apart and read into it things that weren't intended.

ificanbelikeu

Reaction score
When a TB coach bashes a great kid because she rightfully did the best thing for her future by leaving his team, he might be a distant memory to her since her hard work and good character paid off.
The other kids that break ties with him may not be so lucky. The bruised ego of a grown man who thinks he "owns" his players and lies and hurts their chances for a successful future is pathetic. That's not what any player should deserve!

After seeing what the post was turning into and after some well received advice, the OP put the bad TB experience behind him and moved forward as suggested to celebrate DD's success with the people who matter and not watch others pick apart and read into it things that weren't intended.

Funny how you know everything about the situation and you are not the OP..... Anyways, great to hear the success of any young lady who's dedication and hard work paid off.

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like I got my First Negative too.........No harm meant to you or your husband. Very happy for your DD! Well Deserved
I guess if mom would have made initial post, I have known your screen name - didn't know your husbands..........

ApogeeDemon

In the Penalty Box
Reaction score
Well, my 2 posts on this thread were deleted. I didn't say anything bad about anyone.:confused:

I just asked if the OP was talking about the person he was asking for advice?! Then my post was removed. I didn't say anything bad about anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.