College tourney in Northeast Ohio this weekend

coachjwb

Reaction score
If anyone's interested, there will be a college "tourney" this weekend (September 19-21) at Tri-C Community College in Parma (11000 Pleasant Valley Rd.). Tri-C will be hosting the 12th annual Dale Nicklas Tournament, and will be joined by D2 Walsh University, D2 Malone University and D2 Lake Erie College. There will be round robin games on Friday evening at 6:00 at Nike/Day Park next door to Tri-C, as well as at Tri-C at 10, 12, 2 and 4 on Saturday. The semi-finals will be at 10 and 12 on Sunday, with the championship game at 2:00.

There will be concession stand at the field on Saturday and Sunday. My daughter Sarah, who some of you know, is an assistant coach at Tri-C. I will be there to announce all of the games on Saturday and Sunday, so if you come by, make sure you stop and say "hi".

superpro

Reaction score
Friday evening games I saw some good games and plays by all teams/players. It was great to see some of the players from the High school/organization they once played for.
I would suggest that any fastpitch organization/high school players, in and around the Parma Tri-C area come out to see the Next level of collage fastpitch Softball.
Friday games, Tri-C lost to Lake Erie, Malone lost to Walsh
Saturday games start at 10am, 12noon, 2pm, 4pm

coachjwb

Reaction score
Superpro ... great to meet you today! Today, Malone beat Lake Erie, Walsh beat Tri-C, Lake Erie beat Walsh, and Tri-C beat Malone. I believe the Walsh team at Tri-C was more or less their JV team, as I heard they were also playing at Firestone. Anyhow, Walsh and Lake Erie both finished at 2-1, while Tri-C and Malone went 1-2. Walsh and Malone will face each other at 10 tomorrow, and Lake Erie will play Tri-C at noon, with the championship game being at 2. There is forecast for rain overnight and in the morning, but they did cover the field after the games today so hopefully they will be playable tomorrow. What a beautiful day though to take in 4 games of softball!

superpro

Reaction score
Coachjwb,
It was my pleasure meeting and talking with you today.
I will look into talking to other coaches about your wristband signal system. I need to know the cost for a team of 12 players and 2 coaches.
I should be there for the 12:00 Tri-C game and then for the championship final at 2 tomorrow.
I agree, It was a Super day for fastpitch softball today:cool:

Last edited:

coachjwb

Reaction score
Just got back from today's games. Walsh beat Malone, and Lake Erie beat Tri-C to set up the championship game which Walsh won 3-0. Another great day for softball!

I will post info about wristbands in another thread.