Confused

Wishuwereme

Reaction score
I'm extremely confused about why my last thread was removed.

I simply asked about other forums from across the country. I know of a few, and they are great resources. They even allow outsiders with opposing views. I know I can't be the only one on here that gets tired of seeing the same people comment on the same tired threads.

Maybe I should start a hitting debate. Yeah, like that hasn't been done before.

crystlemc

Reaction score
If you're tired of seeing the same people commenting on the same tired threads, you are free not to frequent the forum. We have many people who read on this forum, but more who don't bother to contribute.

Feel free to start a hitting debate under the hitting section. Friendly debate is good for everyone. However, this forum is not in the business of promoting other fastpitch forums.

CoachB25

Reaction score
If you're tired of seeing the same people commenting on the same tired threads, you are free not to frequent the forum. We have many people who read on this forum, but more who don't bother to contribute.

Feel free to start a hitting debate under the hitting section. Friendly debate is good for everyone. However, this forum is not in the business of promoting other fastpitch forums.

I moderate 2 baseball forums. Neither one allows members to promote another competing site. BTW, I'm not from Ohio and so, I'm adding diversity to the site. LOL

backstop09

Reaction score
I'm extremely confused about why my last thread was removed.

I simply asked about other forums from across the country. I know of a few, and they are great resources. They even allow outsiders with opposing views. I know I can't be the only one on here that gets tired of seeing the same people comment on the same tired threads.

Maybe I should start a hitting debate. Yeah, like that hasn't been done before.

If you walked into church and started to espouse the benefits of devil worship and were asked to leave, would you wonder why or feel you were owed an explanation?

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Sounds like this forum is not for you, with your forum name could be your looking for attention,this sites about the game, the players and and what information we can share with each other.

Last edited:

larson

Reaction score
Why look further? This forum and site is the TOPS! Thanks Ricky!!!!!!!

coachjwb

Reaction score
I have seen about a dozen other forums and, of all of those, there is just one other one that I visit albeit infrequently. If you play on a team or in any tournaments in Ohio and the surrounding region, this one is by far the best since it has pretty much all of the of tournaments listed, all of the tryouts listed, has sections for players looking for teams and teams looking for players, TD's use it to update us all the status of tournaments and which teams are in and, when we're lucky, they even post the results here. Plus the site also communicates and provides links to The Softball Zone Radio Show. And you have a Forum owner/administrator, who is always open to ideas to improve it, and is committed to keeping it free to community members, unlike some of the other forums.

Wishuwereme

Reaction score
If you walked into church and started to espouse the benefits of devil worship and were asked to leave, would you wonder why or feel you were owed an explanation?

That's a crazy comparison.

It was a simple question. I was confused about why my thread was removed. I didn't see anything wrong with asking about other forums. I didn't realize it was taboo, and because of that I opened myself up to idiotic comments about being selfish and attention seeking

Ricky does a tremendous job with this site. My frustration comes from the good ole boy network on this site. If you're not part of 20 or so regular contributors, you're subject to border line bullying.

The next time I look for an imformative forum outside of Ohio, I'll be sure to do my own research.

FastBat

Reaction score
I have seen about a dozen other forums and, of all of those, there is just one other one that I visit albeit infrequently. If you play on a team or in any tournaments in Ohio and the surrounding region, this one is by far the best since it has pretty much all of the of tournaments listed, all of the tryouts listed, has sections for players looking for teams and teams looking for players, TD's use it to update us all the status of tournaments and which teams are in and, when we're lucky, they even post the results here. Plus the site also communicates and provides links to The Softball Zone Radio Show. And you have a Forum owner/administrator, who is always open to ideas to improve it, and is committed to keeping it free to community members, unlike some of the other forums.
Couldn't agree more! This site is the best around and we're fortunate to have it!

I will also add, I recently saw on another general sports forum a question about TB Tryouts. The other site directed them to this site; so that's how highly regarded this site is in the TB world.

Last edited:

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! This site is the best around and we're fortunate to have it!

I will also add, I recently saw on another general sports forum a question about TB Tryouts. The other site directed them to this site; so that's how highly regarded this site is in the TB world.

Trust me - We're from WPA - I always tell people they are better off posting information on the OFC than the local board - More people from Pittsburgh will see it here on the Ohio Board then what we have as our WPA board.

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
People the OFC has nothing to fear from the other sites.

Actually, a lot of the other national and regional sites refer back to threads from the OFC.

IMO, The OFC is still the BEST "Ohio resource" for fastpitch information and everyone involved has been working hard to expand the experience beyond Ohio.

I know of several members that found this site by looking at other sites including me! ...I think SCalDad also found the OFC by researching the Lasers prior to his team playing them years ago.

Its all about the game...So sites like 43FT, Yappi, The Huddle, E-teamS, Hay Bucket, FPF, Softball Fans, Softball360 and the site that is more baseball than fastpitch Discuss Fastpitch are all connected and when used one site can help another reach an audience that expands beyond Ohio or their general area and can actually bring MORE members to the OFC..

Last edited:

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
CARDS, did I miss something I always thought discuss fastpitch was a girls softball site? And yes everyone CARDS is correct we don't mine if you put other name of sites on the forum, but we really don't want links to sites posted all over the forum unless it's Team links or Tournament Directors links to help them promote.

It's just not good business, beside that some web site owners get upset and even email me or call me when a link is posted inside the forum.

I even been threatened with legal action in a couple cases because of it. So that the main reason, not my choice but a choice I was forced into.

lewam3

Reaction score
That's a crazy comparison.

It was a simple question. I was confused about why my thread was removed. I didn't see anything wrong with asking about other forums. I didn't realize it was taboo, and because of that I opened myself up to idiotic comments about being selfish and attention seeking

Ricky does a tremendous job with this site. My frustration comes from the good ole boy network on this site. If you're not part of 20 or so regular contributors, you're subject to border line bullying.

The next time I look for an imformative forum outside of Ohio, I'll be sure to do my own research.

The only person who seems to bully me on this forum is that mean ole hitter23, and he knows it too. I am not a hippie, hitter, YOU ARE!

okiedad1961

Reaction score
I Allways wanted Wish you were me as my forum name but you took it.I'm glad I didnt because I'd have people thinking I was more knowledgeable than others which I'm clearly not .

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
CARDS, did I miss something I always thought discuss fastpitch was a girls softball site? And yes everyone CARDS is correct we don't mine if you put other name of sites on the forum, but we really don't want links to sites posted all over the forum unless it's Team links or Tournament Directors links to help them promote.

It's just not good business, beside that some web site owners get upset and even email me or call me when a link is posted inside the forum.

I even been threatened with legal action in a couple cases because of it. So that the main reason, not my choice but a choice I was forced into.

Discuss Fastpitch is about Fastpitch. and back in the day (10 years or so ago) I thought Mark did a good job with it. I have not been there in a while but a few years ago it went to mostly baseball guys/ coaches delivering their ideas on the game (especially the hitting section) and all they ever used was MLB hitters of yesterday as their examples...Unlike with the OFC you have posters like Straight Leg that uses students or his DD to post instructional examples that a female athlete can relate too. The OFC also has more overall Fastpitch people involved with it IMO...

As far as the other sites, I would think everyone would be interested in ways to increase site traffic (as long as its not spam) and because of spam any link sharing can become an issue with the security of some sites especially; if advertizing space is pursued and with today's search engines a name is sufficient to find a link if it is a site worth visiting. There are also some sites that no longer allow youtube videos because of content issues after the desired clip is viewed so site owners are using specific mashups so that only the desired clip will show.

Over the years I have seen OFC expand to include other states, have specific tabs for instruction,teams,tournaments, tryouts etc. and its all great.
The radio show is a unique feature as well that may be able to be shared with a larger audience with crossover promotion. (You may already do so).

I know when we ran the Keith Carver Memorial Tournament in Maysville KY. the OFC was a good promotion resource to draw teams with about 50% of teams learning about the event from the OFC. However; since the event was mainly an adult event (18O with a HS division) the other 50% of teams we would get were informed from promotion on other sites and by referencing the OFC/ Keith Carver Facebook/Twitter pages for teams to go for tournament updates. So teams from TN, ILL.and MI that previously were unaware of the OFC got a chance to explore the OFC. Maybe even become members...So, Keep up the good work...

Last edited:

Wishuwereme

Reaction score
... you're subject to border line bullying.

/QUOTE]

Bullying ?

Really ??

People use that term incorrectly way too often.

Bully
noun, plural bullies.
a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people.

No Mr. Louuu, I think I pretty much nailed it.

If you're not part of the kumbayah inner circle, you're beat into submission or retreat.

Take Okiedad's comment for instance. At no point in time did I boast or comment about my knowledge of the game. Okie took it upon himself to lash out at me based on my name. My user name is a play on my last name, Mee. Since I'm an outsider and I don't post daily, I'm subject to ridicule and verbal abuse. I often have opinions on some threads but I choose to keep them to myself because of the computer tough guys, and my intolerance for ignorance. Maybe some day I'll gain as much knowledge as okie, and I'll share it on EVERY thread like him.

Last edited:

okiedad1961

Reaction score
Oh wish you,I didn't say you were boasting about your knowledge of the game,I said people would think I was with that name.Ok I get your last is mee, didn't know that did I.Can't be too sensitive on here you'll get offended quick.Best of luck finding that right forum.

coachjwb

Reaction score
I suppose I am part of the "inner circle" since I have more posts on here than anyone but Ricky ... but show me one time when I've bullied anyone. Yes, there are a few people on here who come across strongly with their ideas, and I know it sometimes intimidates newer people, and I hate that it happens, but unfortunately I think you will find that on any Forum. You are certainly more than welcome to continue to contribute here and I think you will find in time that you will fit in just fine. When "newbies" come on here and act like they know everything, those people are going to get some push back from some of the veterans here, but I certainly take your original post that way.

crystlemc

Reaction score
I think there is a big difference between being bullied, and not having things sugar coated. I tend to be one of those people on here and in real life who don't tend to tip toe around. If I have something to say, I say it. It is a rare occurrence when I'm intentionally rude, and when I am, you certainly know it. I just don't feel the need to soften things for people. My kids included.