Congrats on the big W coaches !!!

3ballbratz

Reaction score
Just want to give my 10u dd's coaches a big ole OFC shoutout for securing our teams 3 victories in pool play at Spano this weekend at the cost of only playing the best 9 out of 12 girls during pool play. Thanks coaches !!! Congrats on the BIG W's Lol !!! Hitter 23 could you please cue the Sam Kinnison

Last edited:

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

3ballbratz

Reaction score
Lol ! Who does this ? Should coaches play their best 9 to win in pool play ? At 10u!!! And pitch your #1 in back to back games on a team with 4 elite pitchers ???

VE_05

Reaction score
Who are you referring too?

wvanalmsick

Reaction score
Well, looking at the pool play results, there were only 3 teams that went undefeated in pool play. 2 are from the same organization and one is from WV.

If you haven't paid all of your team fees, now might be a good time to look for another team. If the coach will do this during indoor ball, it will only get worse in the summer.

Last edited:

FastBat

Reaction score
As my dd gets older, the more I realize, the younger age bracket coach's seem to coach like this, a lot. As the player's get older, I think the better coach's continue to coach, and maybe even something changes? At least a little, because I feel coach's will take more 'risks' with moving players as they age. Actually, 8u was the worst for my DD. While she started and played every single minute of every game, she never changed position (line up or in the field) all season and of course played behind the coaches kid (it made her a heck of a outfielder though because she was constantly anticipating missed grounders to 2B!). If I could go back in time, I would tell myself, "just suck it up, because it's not even possible that could happen ever again!"

Also, my sister and I always talk about youth sports. We agree, most of the time it's not the coach's kids or the studs who make it playing through college. We think it's just the player's ability to stick with it. So, the player's don't have to be the best, just keep consistently working on their game. Game time means something, but so does the work she puts in, in the off season and during the season off the field, as well.

Last edited:

trcyknny7

Reaction score
I'm curious which team as well. GC shows stats for teal and they clearly played more than 9 during every pool play game. Sorry you seem to have had a bad experience with your dd team (or ex-team?). If you are concerned about playing time, instead of getting angry and looking for someone to blame, it is much more productive to put in the hours and effort in the off season to bring the players performance up to par so that the coaches feel like they HAVE to player her. We had several girls in the fall who were not hitting that well. They put in the work over the winter and have come out this spring with bats that are on fire.. They took that lack of PA's in the fall and used it as fuel for all of their winter work. Teaching your children to blame others and walk away when things aren't going well is a dangerous life lesson to instill at this (or any) age. I agree with fastbats comments. It is much better to stick with it, work hard and get through it, hopefully having learned the right kind of life lessons.

Last edited:

Smallz

Reaction score
Well.... the original post wasn't about Lasers Silver as GameChanger shows they are currently only carrying ten players on their roster....

mike_dyer

Reaction score
If you haven't paid all of your team fees, now might be a good time to look for another team. If the coach will do this during indoor ball, it will only get worse in the summer.

Yap.

Time to walk.

Even if you did pay.

coachjwb

Reaction score
If true, that is ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason why in 3 pool games each player couldn't have started in at least 1 game, and played in at least 2. I would find a new team, ask for your money back and expose them if you don't get it. If this is happening in pool games in a winter indoors tournament, it's only going to get worse and your DD is going to hate softball. There are times when you do need to stick out the season, but at 10U and winter pool games is not one of them.

trcyknny7

Reaction score
If true, that is ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason why in 3 pool games each player couldn't have started in at least 1 game, and played in at least 2. I would find a new team, ask for your money back and expose them if you don't get it. If this is happening in pool games in a winter indoors tournament, it's only going to get worse and your DD is going to hate softball. There are times when you do need to stick out the season, but at 10U and winter pool games is not one of them.

This is a disgruntled parent who wants to misrepresent facts to garner pity. It's unfortunate. Player in question sat 1 pp game, not 3. And the team played all uninjured players in the other pp games.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
I've heard coaches say they "played everyone in pool play" and what that meant was they had 3 kids run bases for pitchers and/or catchers.

I don't care what anyone says, that is not "playing" a kid, that is CYA if anyone was to hit you up about it.

If you don't need them don't waste their time.

There are so many teams that you can't toss a rock over your shoulder in Columbus and hit a coach with it.

Coach_Joe

Reaction score
Indiansummer, why would you guess Thunder Elite 06? I have 11 talented girls on my team. 9 of them are 10 years old, the other two are 8, younger sisters of girls on the team. I batted 11 girls 3 pool play games. Beating 4-2 ohio wolfpack, Lost 2-1 revert back 2-0 to Lasers Silver, beat Motor City Madness 5-0, again batting 11 girls in all 3 of those games. I can assure you the original post was not refering to my team. I hope that clears your assumptions.

FastBat

Reaction score
I'm curious which team as well. GC shows stats for teal and they clearly played more than 9 during every pool play game.

Just a warning about game changer...I like to score my dd's teams games on game changer. But, I rarely keep track of subs, even if it's the pitcher. Unless you know the team, it may not be accurate. Game changer can be done by anyone at the field and if they are like me, it's sloppy at best. I just like to keep game changer because then I don't constantly ask people the score and inning. BTW, this app will also keep time if there is a time limit, which is also a nice benefit for me.

FastBat

Reaction score
/\/\/\Lol!!!! It's not making fun! It's just that everything is new, confusing, and it's hard to figure out how it all works! God bless 10u!

Long Baller

Reaction score
This is a disgruntled parent who wants to misrepresent facts to garner pity. It's unfortunate. Player in question sat 1 pp game, not 3. And the team played all uninjured players in the other pp games.

So this is what that "fake news" looks like that the media is warning us about?