Pitching and Pitchers Discussion Core trainer for a pitcher

thisisit

Reaction score
What strength and core trainer would you recommend for a pitcher with a 2000 birthdate? Thanks in advance.

FastBat

Reaction score
NEOhio, there is a girl working with Minner and Barker out of Mogadore. I would atleast give her a call.

cwes24

Reaction score
If you have an Xbox with Kinect, the Nike+ training is pretty good.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Take a 10 foot piece of 4" PVC pipe, glue an end cap on one end and a female adapter on the other. Put a piece of electrical tape in the middle so she knows where to try to center it. Put a gallon of water in it just to test it and then screw the plug into the open end. Have her pick it up and hold it on her shoulders the way she would hold a barbell if she was doing a back squat. Tell her to walk. If a gallon is too much take some out, if it's not enough add some. Don't fill it all the way up, that will defeat the purpose. You want it to roll and you want her to have to balance it with every move she makes. Have her do some lunges, have her do some squats, it's brutal and sssssooooo much cheaper than a trainer. Costs maybe $30.00 total and it lasts forever.

Go easy at first, she will find core muscles she didn't know she had.

crystlemc

Reaction score
NEOhio, there is a girl working with Minner and Barker out of Mogadore. I would atleast give her a call.

Her name is Darcy Thompson. She is a national Crossfit competitor, was a 3 sport athlete at Robert Morris, and is a personal trainer. She is a beast! If she can't help ya, nobody can.

FPMom2000

Reaction score
My daughter goes to Luke Chronister out of Elite Training Performance in Medina. Great guy and has programs specifically designed for your child. Whether it's pitching, hitting, football, volleyball or even s*****. He does core training and exercises to work the opposite pitching arm. Highly recommended him. My daughter loves it there. Coaches all saw the difference it made this year. Her endurance was amazing. Good luck!

Ron

Reaction score
forum,
I do believe '' core-training '' is good for everyone and all-positions on the softball field... It enables a faster recovery from training and games... An elevated level of fitness should reduce the risk of injury...
It has a cost to the family, financially and of their time...If the family has the funds and time there are multiple choices...While there's always an exception, I do not believe it will increase speed...
Push-ups...sit-ups... pull-ups... and some 20yard dashes for the less affluent...These are simple and easy to understand...
In order to throw fast, you have to move fast...
Ron

FastBat

Reaction score
forum,
I do believe '' core-training '' is good for everyone and all-positions on the softball field... It enables a faster recovery from training and games... An elevated level of fitness should reduce the risk of injury...
It has a cost to the family, financially and of their time...If the family has the funds and time there are multiple choices...While there's always an exception, I do not believe it will increase speed...
Push-ups...sit-ups... pull-ups... and some 20yard dashes for the less affluent...These are simple and easy to understand...
In order to throw fast, you have to move fast...
Ron

What he said.