Crossing the Line

SheThrowsHeat

Reaction score
Just a topic for discussion. What does everyone think about kids crossing the line, as in the state line to either leave Ohio to play in surrounding states or kids coming in to Ohio? I think it is all about the fit and what the team offers. For the older girls it is all about finding the team that makes an effort to make sure the girls are in front of the college coaches. I guess I am just bored.

coachtomv

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Sure ... why not ... whatever is best for the player and her family ...

"ditto". I know of several talented Ohio kids playing in PA, for example. If they find the right fit, then good for them.

Be wonderful if all Ohio kids could find that fit in their home state, but find it where you can if not.

Its not like they will all play college ball In Ohio either.

wow

Reaction score
I really thought this was gonna be some disaster story.. Just to find out its about playing in a different state?

Probably should play where the best fit is. If your close to state line the odds are likely you may play in a different state..

tjsmize3

Reaction score
Just a topic for discussion. What does everyone think about kids crossing the line, as in the state line to either leave Ohio to play in surrounding states or kids coming in to Ohio? I think it is all about the fit and what the team offers. For the older girls it is all about finding the team that makes an effort to make sure the girls are in front of the college coaches. I guess I am just bored.

We crossed the line with oldest daughter and had a great experience... would never trade that... but had to do A LOT of homework first. It's definitely not just about getting in front of the college coaches, tons of orgs can give you that. It's about working with a group that has the ability and know how to get the deal closed... that's slightly more complicated and worth looking/travelling for!

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
Well the way our organization is structured, we have girls from Ohio, WV, PA, Ind, and are starting to get calls for next year from parents of girls in Kentucky, MI, Ill and NY. At the younger ages I didn't see it as much, but that could be because originally we started this organization at 14U and went up. We definitely are starting to see more interest though coming in now at our younger ages (11U and 12U).
I think absolutely the biggest reason we have been fortunate enough to get interest from other states is the success we have seen over the last three years with Division 1 recruiting and the connections we have been able to make on a national level. So as far as the Outlaws go I see no problem with it and actually welcome it

FastBat

Reaction score
Can't think of anything wrong with it...if it's a good fit, why not?

alborules

Reaction score
Website
www.thesoftballzone.com
In the FAST Wizards organization in northwest Ohio, we have many girls from southeastern Michigan from 8u to 23u. A handful of our coaches are from Michigan too. Two of those coaches have won State High School Championships in Michigan within the last several years: Mickey Moody won with Dundee HS in 2013, and John Morningstar won with Saint Mary's Catholic Central HS this year. The Wizards are all in favor of crossing state lines if it benefits the players.

Allan Abel

Last edited:

daboss

Reaction score
Travel ball is structured to allow it so why not. I know of a family that sent their daughter from Oregon to Ca. to play with a top tier team. She never got on the field the entire summer and was still recruited to play D2 college ball.

SheThrowsHeat

Reaction score
Travel ball is structured to allow it so why not. I know of a family that sent their daughter from Oregon to Ca. to play with a top tier team. She never got on the field the entire summer and was still recruited to play D2 college ball.

Now that is dedication on her part and a great reward at the end for that dedication.

Run26

Reaction score
Well the way our organization is structured, we have girls from Ohio, WV, PA, Ind, and are starting to get calls for next year from parents of girls in Kentucky, MI, Ill and NY. At the younger ages I didn't see it as much, but that could be because originally we started this organization at 14U and went up. We definitely are starting to see more interest though coming in now at our younger ages (11U and 12U).
I think absolutely the biggest reason we have been fortunate enough to get interest from other states is the success we have seen over the last three years with Division 1 recruiting and the connections we have been able to make on a national level. So as far as the Outlaws go I see no problem with it and actually welcome it

I can still remember when you all were the new kids on the block. My daughter played for Bondoni and the Ohio Sapphires for years. Those two teams used to go at it on the field.

Glad to see you are building one heck of a program.

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
I can still remember when you all were the new kids on the block. My daughter played for Bondoni and the Ohio Sapphires for years. Those two teams used to go at it on the field.

Glad to see you are building one heck of a program.

WOW that is awesome how times have changed. A blast from the past