Daddyball is getting old?

brian514

Reaction score
For parents watching their DD's team play daddyball, what is the best way to handle situation?

Last edited:

wvanalmsick

Reaction score
For parents watching their DD's team play daddyball, what is the best way to handle situation?

1. Talk with the coach.
2. If you are not happy, you have a couple options. You can suck it up and stay the season, or you can leave for another team that is in need of players. There are a lot of advertisements for players. I wouldn't expect any refund though.

Louuuuu

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect any refund though.

Because DaddyBall coaches always deny there's any favoritism happening.

(Point that needs to be made: Not every father/daughter team is Daddyball. The ones that are can be identified by the daughter batting cleanup with a .156 average)

daboss

Reaction score
Everyone makes choices in life and you have chosen a team to play with this summer. It isn't what you expected but you bought it. Normally there is no return policy. Make the best of it and enjoy what you can of it. During tryouts later this fall go shopping for a better fit. Do your homework first. Remember; every roster has a top and a bottom. The best rise to the top while the worst end up on the bottom. Your opinion won't matter but your choices do.

wow

Reaction score
These daddy ball threads are getting old... We all know there are too many teams. Enjoy the ride and learn.. Make sure you do your home work next year. There are ups and downs EVERWHERE.. As stated above two options. Or do what every other unhappy dad does start your own team!

Please review the following video for perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnAsE9AnCSY

Watching22

Reaction score
Definitely talk to the coach first. Sometimes there is a miscommunication - maybe he or she has had a talk with your dd that you are unaware of. If in the end you feel like your dd has been performing and there is flagrant daddyball happening - maybe consider another team. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. If the coach denies being a daddyballer (I'm harder on my dd than anyone else, yet she plays all the time and bats in the top four without getting on base...) I can just about guarantee you you'll see that the rest of the season. God forbid you have three or four coaches with kids playing. In the end refund or not, there are plenty of teams that need players at this time of year and the vast majority aren't going to charge you an enormous amount, if anything, to make the switch. There are only so many summers for your dd to play travel and I believe that daddyball exists because people allow it to exist. Don't waste your time with a team where your dd is miserable.