Dirty ball?.... WOW

ThompsonUSSSA

Reaction score
4 man umpiring crew, unexcusable not to have an ejection...especially after the 2nd one.

Those elbows weren't a dumb reaction in the heat of the moment...that looked very calculated.

No way that it wasn't at least brought to their (umps) attention after the 1st one. 2nd one, we'd have ejections before the runner had a chance to think about any retaliation.
(she did a good job at not risking getting herself ejected also in an important game)

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to hear from Bretman regarding the slide at home by Needville at beginning around :30 mark.
If contact is suppose to be avoided, how can a slide to take a player out 2-3 foot away from the plate not be a reason for ejection????

mogsoftball

Reaction score
I heard the catcher is going to be playing at Sam Houston state.

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
Have to agree that the second runner at home showed some massive restraint in not going after the catcher...MASSIVE restraint.
how could those elbows thrown not have gotten the kid tossed?
no way that looks unintentional.
RI - domination pretty much said it all with ....wow

Bekah24

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how both of those runners had enough self control not to tackle the catcher. If someone did that to me I would have a hard time keeping my cool.

coachjwb

Reaction score
I can only assume you're just here to yank everyone's chain, Madogmom. Are you associated with the Maddogs organization and, if so, are they OK with you representing them here?

larrybowman

Reaction score
I can only assume you're just here to yank everyone's chain, Madogmom. Are you associated with the Maddogs organization and, if so, are they OK with you representing them here?

There's surgery for ugly, but you cannot fix crazy! HabababBabababahahaha

BretMan2

TSZ/OFC Umpire in Chief
Reaction score
I would like to hear from Bretman regarding the slide at home by Needville at beginning around :30 mark.
If contact is suppose to be avoided, how can a slide to take a player out 2-3 foot away from the plate not be a reason for ejection????

I'll post the rule below, then let everybody here play umpire for themselves. You can't have an interference call if the slide was deemed as legal. Contact made while executing a legal slide is not a rule violation.

2-52: ART. 1 . . . Legal Slide. A legal slide may be either feet first or head first. If a runner slides feet first, at least one leg and buttock shall be on the ground. If a runner slides, the runner shall be within reach of the base with either hand or a foot when the slide is completed.

ART. 2 . . . Illegal Slide. A slide is illegal if:

a. the runner uses a rolling or cross-body slide into the fielder;

b. the runner's raised leg is higher than the fielder's knee when the fielder is in a standing position;

c. the runner goes beyond the base and makes contact with or alters the play of the fielder;

d. the runner slashes or kicks the fielder with either leg; or

e. the runner tries to injure the fielder.

Ri-domination

Reaction score
Not being an ump hard to decide according to the rule, was within reach of the plate with feet lower than the knee, but was it, and I'm asking, was it almost cross body? Not 100% on the meaning of cross body. Because it was obvious she was trying to cause collision with the catcher with her body almost sideways reaching out towards catcher

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
certainly looked as if there was intent to hit the cathcer as opposed to sliding to the clear side and easily being able to avoid all contact on that play

coachjwb

Reaction score
So Bretman ... based on your view of what we can see in these videos (admittedly somewhat limited), what would you rule on either of these 2 plays?

643dp

Reaction score
Total BS on the catchers elbows , proud of the 2 runners that got knocked down and did not come up swinging. But they had the last laugh they won the game , looked like a great game other then those 2 at home

gcg3refs

Reaction score
Plate ump is looking right at the play, sees the elbows and does nothing. First elbow, minimum, catcher gets a warning, second elbow - ejection. No excuses

mogsoftball

Reaction score
8328d1433823985-poor-sportsmanship-image.jpg

here is an even better angle.

Louuuuu

Reaction score
And they will have to be OK with it whether they like it or not

Or they don't know about it.

I've seen Bill dismiss players for offenses less serious than "Babbling/B*tching/Instigating While Using The MadDog Name".