Doe's this just bother me?????

I'm curious if DAD! wearing daughters team logo gear weather its Club Team or College team she may attend or will be attending bothers anyone! This drives me completely nutz! As a matter of fact SHUT IT DOWN! Its girls athletics maybe if its some high profile D1 program I might do it but you guys look like your trying too hard!

dice.jpg

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW , YOU BETTER ASK SOMEBODY!

Awe, come on....they are just proud Dad's. :D It doesn't bother me, they look like they are proud and excited for their girls, nothing wrong with that.

Awe, come on....they are just proud Dad's. :D It doesn't bother me, they look like they are proud and excited for their girls, nothing wrong with that.

I agree. Just a proud dad...and if they are anything like my husband this man has hit thousands of practice balls, caught thousands of pitches sitting on a bucket, and thrown thousands of pitches in batting practice. he has a right to be proud.

Yes, just you probably, Scott. I am very proud to wear my daughter's Division III college team's gear in support of her and the team. Tell me Scott, would it make a difference to you if it was a son? Apparently so, since you made a point that it was girls' athletics ...

I'm curious if DAD! wearing daughters team logo gear weather its Club Team or College team she may attend or will be attending bothers anyone! This drives me completely nutz! As a matter of fact SHUT IT DOWN! Its girls athletics maybe if its some high profile D1 program I might do it but you guys look like your trying too hard!

dice.jpg

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW , YOU BETTER ASK SOMEBODY!

After spending countless Hours coaching, hitting balls, catching balls, taveling, fund raising (which includes buying the apparel )
Why wouldn't I wear it ! :cool:

maybe it's me - I don't undersatnd the question you are asking. What if your DD ins't playing Pro, D1 or starting Varsity you shouldn't wear the stuff ?????

Jeeze has winter madness set in ................... :D

Why not? My son didn't get the athetics gene, but got the Brains Gene and we still wore his school colors when he went there. I'll take the brains Gene any day thanks....

Sorry...had to come back. This really BOTHEREDme. Who cares if the school is DIII or UCLA. We love our kids. And I have to agree, it appears that "girl's" athletics just aren't important enough for you to support. If my daughter were happy with her choice, it wouldn't matter where she went to school. I would still support her.

Why not? My son didn't get the athetics gene, but got the Brains Gene and we still wore his school colors when he went there. I'll take the brains Gene any day thanks....

Funny we have the same thing in my family.

My oldest is a boy and then 3 girls. And my son does not even like sports. My daughters watch football with me while he reads a book........

What about the coaching staff? Do you take issue with the adults wearing the team's colors? After all; some of those men don't have a daughter ON the team, yet they support their players. Get a reality check and support your daughter. She's just as important as any of her brothers or any pro sports team you favor to watch on TV.

I see Scott is seeing whose chain he can yank and he succeeded.
Another conversation starter. Congrats.

I see Scott is seeing whose chain he can yank and he succeeded.
Another conversation starter. Congrats.

Bingo.

Hey Daddy...don't really mind as long as the guys aren't wearing hot pink hoodies. ;)

No problem with supporting the team but....I have a major issue if the dads are wearing skinny jeans and Abercrombie shirts/sweaters. I tried this once (due to a gift) and found an XL Abercrombie shirt is actually the same size as a small Hanes t-shirt.

Somethings just can not be unseen! :eek:

No problem with supporting the team but....I have a major issue if the dads are wearing skinny jeans and Abercrombie shirts/sweaters. I tried this once (due to a gift) and found an XL Abercrombie shirt is actually the same size as a small Hanes t-shirt.

Somethings just can not be unseen! :eek:

Lol ! Is this where they get the saying 10 lbs. of $%!* in a 5 lb. bag ? :eek:

I'm all for wearing the Spirit Wear!!!!! To a point............

We played a team from Indiana nearly 4 months ago & the coach matched the team to a tee......
Matching Team shirt - Fine
Matching Team Shorts - Fine
But to top it off, he had on the matching one blue, one orange sock to the knee - Now that is some team spirit!!!!!!! LOL

I believe in supporting my children by wearing the shirts and hoodies. I want them to know that I am behind them and thier dreams. The matching pants and socks, not so much. If my daughter goes on to play in college I will do the same with the shirts and hoodies. We put lots of time, gas and Money to help our children reach thier potential. the smile and pride in our smiles are well deserved. I hope all the girls and boys we support take a second and give thier parents an hug every once in awhile and say thanks. Because some of the parents really go that extra mile and not only help thier children but the children of others. to them I say thanks from me to you.
Mike

I've got to go 50-50 on this issue.

If my DD were already committed to a college, but playing in the summer on a travel team, then I will wear the travel team's shirt, if they have apparel for the adults, at the travel games. (The only travel organizational shirts that I own were for working as labor at their tournament:D)

Now, if DD is doing HS games, then an adult should wear school apparel, not travel or college apparel.

I think what Scott was getting at was seeing parents wearing college apparel at travel events, when their DD hasn't even started attending the college and also seeing parents wearing travel apparel at college camps and clinics and HS events. If a parent wears the college stuff at a travel event or wear travel stuff to a HS event, then to me, that is the adult seeking attention. That is just me. I am a big enough target as it is, I don't need anything else to attract attention my way. Besides, the parent isn't the one who got recruited, it was the girl.

No problem wearing the travel ball or High School team colors during games and tournaments. If parents and coaches want to wear the colors other days of the week go for it be proud of your DD and organizations. You want something to be bothered by look at a boy?s baseball coach and ask why is he dressed in full uniform, lol?

another TSA enroachment of our personal freedom to dress as we choose. if it upsets the gent, he should wear blinders..