Explosive softball

Danno

Reaction score
Stay away...their prime motivation is profit. They do not deliver as promised.

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
Stay away...their prime motivation is profit. They do not deliver as promised.

Putting another organization on blast from a 1st time un-named poster that listed nothing to back up the claim -- surprising I have never seen something like this

Played Explosive a couple of times in different age groups, and they have always been respectable, cordial teams. They seem to get their girls into the tournaments that they can be seen. They don't shy away from big competition ---- I don't know what goes behind the scenes and if this claim is true, but I have always seen them as a respectable organization in the state.

Last edited:

Danno

Reaction score
6 year old son on a 10 u supposedly competitive team. Virtually no winter spring practices. Play d level rec teams. No communication. Playing against somebody is not playing for them. Called the owner...she's too busy to talk, maybe in 3 weeks she said.

Danno

Reaction score
Sorry..6 year olds..not son...kindergarten girls.

Danno

Reaction score
Profit is fine...I believe in the American way, but not at the expense of the girls.

Danno

Reaction score
It should never ever be the prime motivation. This is supposed to be about the competition, teaching, and giving what was promised. The profit should not be the prime motivation.

snoman76

Reaction score
All I will say is there's definitely a learning curve when it comes to travel softball. Some 'curves' are more drastic than others but I don't feel that bashing an entire Org. for 1 alleged bad egg is right. The people I know at Explosive are good people and I don't think they would be there if there's shadiness going on.

Danno

Reaction score
You have a right to that opinion even if you've not been involved in this org. You didn't live it. And when I asked Jeanette Howard for a mtg to discuss she said she too busy...wait 3 wks.

Danno

Reaction score
I don't have any problem with the girls or their family. Its the owner of explosive. Its bad enough it happened but she doesnt care in the least

Danno

Reaction score
The bad egg owns the org and is 100 percent responsible. What would you do if you had 3 6yo s on your team? And had one tour by and played d level tech all? All this for 1000 dollars.

lewam3

Reaction score
All I will say is there's definitely a learning curve when it comes to travel softball. Some 'curves' are more drastic than others but I don't feel that bashing an entire Org. for 1 alleged bad egg is right. The people I know at Explosive are good people and I don't think they would be there if there's shadiness going on.

We all know that bad organizations just fade away, but Explosive has definitely been around for a while, and for good reason. DD played Explosive for 3 years and we knew Jeanette as a competitor and businesswoman. Nothing shady. Sometimes teams don't come together as expected and especially at 10u, talent and players and situations just don't turn out well sometimes. My advice is instead of bashing a good person on a public forum, take your DD's talents and play for one of Jeff Cavanaugh's 10u team, or one of Warren Wolff's 10u, or Stingrays 10u and you will get all the non " d level rec ball " competition you can handle. JMHO.

Reaction score
The bad egg owns the org and is 100 percent responsible. What would you do if you had 3 6yo s on your team? And had one tour by and played d level tech all? All this for 1000 dollars.

I would never, ever, ever, ever put 3 six year olds on a 10u team. Ever.

Danno

Reaction score
Not one practice this week...not one the week before either.