Final Polls - 7/14/08 polls (Most voters are gone)

The final polls are the week 7/14/08 polls. Most of the voters are in Columbus or in route somewhere. It was a good time and they generated a lot of good talk. Thanks for all that participated. We'll do it again next year.

Re: Final Polls - 7/14/08 polls (Most voters are g

Maybe next week after ASA Nationals we can have a Final Poll to wrap up the season.

I imagine that would shake some things up LK ;)

I'd have to say after this weeks NSA's they would be shook up. MD

Yes some will be surprised by the NSA WS results.

The Stingrays, Ohio Ice, Lasers Gold, Wildthangs, Static Black and Doom all represented Ohio very well

Also the INDY teams WOW. We are all very lucky the OH, IN, KY competition has been so tough this year.

Great job to all the teams.

Rob!

Mike, I think a final poll after NSA "A" and the ASA National tournaments may be in order. I know that there was a lot of great softball being played this past week in Columbus!!! I stayed from 8:00am till 8:00pm everyday watching and learning from all the action that I watched. Heres how some of the Ohio teams finished in bracket play from Ohio...

12U...

3rd Ohio Stingrays 6-2
9th Lasers Gold 3-2
Scioto Co. Wildthangs 3-2
13th Ohio Ice Silver 3-2
21st Lasers Silver 3-2
29th Cincy Doom 95 2-2
Cincy Static Black 2-2
45th Ohio Classics 1-2
61st Valley Extream White 0-2
Ohio Draggons 0-2

14U...

4th Ohio Ice Richards 6-2
9th Ohio Tidalwaves 4-2
Lasers White 5-2
13th Miami Valley Xpress 3-2
21st Cincy Doom 93 3-2
29th Valley Extream kiser 2-2
Wadsworth Grizzlies 2-2
45th Akron Sapphires 2-2
H.O.O. Force 1-2
Ohio Tigerlillies 1-2
Ohio Irish Gold 1-2
61st Ohio Sharks 1-2
Ohio Draggons 1-2
Buckeye Heat 94 1-2
H.O.O Explosion 1-2
Ohio Ice Orange 1-2

This is an unofficail list and I've most likely made several errors as I've had very little sleep this week...lol. I think there were 11 other 14U Ohio teams that went out in the first round but I'm too tired to list hem all. I'll do the 16U in a couple of days if the NSA sight don't update.

Hey Bink,

Sapphires went 3-2 in bracket (4-3 including pool), but who's counting?? ... oh wait, I am ::) ;)

Congrats to all Ohio teams, was rooting for the Ice to win it all - they always seem to finish the year strong, congrats to the Ice!!

Indy Dreams + Shockwaves #1 pitcher just too much.

Maybe the younger 13u teams that competed this year will carry on for next year - nice job Chad, even though I know you expected more (as did we)!

Thanks for taking the time to post that Bink!

Congrats to all ohio teams,you have shown great determination and will to win when other teams come to your house to play. great job to all

LILron

Ice Richards went 8-2 in 4 days, I think my pitchers are still asleep. Also thanks to the Cincy Doom 14U coach for sticking around and rooting us on, classy thing to do.

Adam Wahl

[
Ice Richards went 8-2 in 4 days, I think my pitchers are still asleep. Also thanks to the Cincy Doom 14U coach for sticking around and rooting us on, classy thing to do.

Adam Wahl [/quote]

I'm guessing your talking about Rob Wear, this man has the one of the biggest hearts you will ever find. He will do anything for his girls or his opponents girls.

heard he got in hot water one time for arguing with the umps that they missed a call for the opponents team !!!!! sounds like quite a guy ! MD

Doug31014 said:
[

Adam Wahl

I'm guessing your talking about Rob Wear, this man has the one of the biggest hearts you will ever find. He will do anything for his girls or his opponents girls.[/quote]

Definatly one of the most colorfull faces in softball!
He's a cross between The Superstar Billy Grahm and Jessie The Body Ventura!
graham1_profile.jpg

jesse-ventura-thumb.jpg

that's a good one for so early in the morning

i was wondering where dice was.....

We played them in the finals at Whitehall.
His girls love him! Great to see.
I thought he would make a great Pirate :)
One time I would love to hear him yell for an ump to "walk the plank!" :D

The final team results/standings of the NSA "A" Natonals is on the website www.playnsa.com Just go to the tournaments link and then select past tournaments and results. It will walk you through the rest. Congrats to all the Ohio teams for a great job!!!

I was just on the NSA World Series website. It was interesting to see the comparison between the coach's polls on this forum and how the teams finished in the World Series.
Was shocked to see the difference. Congrats to the Stingrays! Was surprised to see a couple of Ohio teams tie for #9.

why so shocked? seriously, you don't think just because, as an example, Doom finished lower than most OH teams means they don't belong in the top of the coaches polls? I think you'd get a fair amount of arguing from most that they belong in the top 5, surely top 10. Thats just an example. It all depends who teams played and when they played them. How they finished in the NSA World Series would have little bearing on my voting, if I voted. Unless they played one another or had multiple common opponents with different results, it shouldn't have much bearing on the OH coaches polls for OH teams. Just my opinion. Congrats to the Stingrays for a very strong showing.

I agree with KRM, How many times have you looked at the bracket at any tournament and say, "Geez, Bugtussle has an easy road" or "Come on, we got shafted." The two best teams are not gauranteed to play in the finals.

Yeah, Rob Wear is a crazy man. I always thought he looked like Hulk Hogan. We should all chip is and get him to shave his beard off and leave a hulk stash