Game Changer Team Manager & Live Stream

Reaction score
Who is using the Team Manager app? Is it better than original Game Changer?

And is anyone using the live stream option? If so how well does it work? Worth it?

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Josh, ( @LynkSpyder ) is probably the one to really ask as I have no firsthand knowledge of Team Manager but I will pass along what I know from others. The live stream works well according to several people I know of using it. There are several things to be aware of however. 1. Team manager does not record/archive video so that you cannot go back to the video, edit and send "highlights" for lack of a better word to college coaches. 2. In order to get the scoring overlay on the video feed, the scorer needs to be using/scoring on the Team Manager app simultaneously to the live stream. 3. Team Manager is separate from Gamechanger and team stats, roster, etc. can be imported but it's tricky to do. 4. Team Manager is working on the archiving as we speak since that seems to be a major reason that many are still using AGL which seems to be their main competitor.

Reaction score
Thank you!
We have been going back and forth with investing in a camera for livestream. Really it’s just for parents and grandparents. We are b/c level 10u and 14u teams and not looking at colleges at this point lol. This may be at least worth a try to see how it works.

M & R Davis

Reaction score
Have been using team manager for about 10-12 games so far. It is adequate but not as good as Periscope used to be for our use. The administrators have access to video replay after the games so can snip plays and such. Just using my phone for now so no cost of additional equipment.

LynkSpyder

Reaction score
Most of the folks we know using Team Manager are using a second device to record video. Nothing against any of the streaming/scoring programs. But a lot can go wrong when you involve WiFi, cellular, and heat. 2 devices gives you the insurance in knowing if one device goes down, you are probably still capturing on the other.